Advice wanted about aaa flaslights

Axis33

Newly Enlightened
Hello there, i am a casual lurker since a few years but it's my first post.

I used to own a Klarus mi x6 which died recently because the lack of spring on a twisty means you gonna crush the cell and the contact ring on the long term (it took 3 years before i had to add aluminum foil pieces to keep the circuit closed).
Few months ago it just stopped switching modes yet it still fired in medium mode without a hitch the light is just shy of 5 years old with lots of use.
I then bought a Fenix ld22 2015 which i wanted since it came out, i'm really happy with the ld22 yet i still want a keychain sized light and put it around my neck as the Klarus.

I'd like some advice about a nice aaa light with the following features :
-no pwm
-current controlled
-clicky tailswitch
-floody beam
-clip is a plus as long it is tight and firm
-glass lens is a plus too
- i dont need a photon cannon, long run time on med and low is what i want the most
-budget is about 50 euros max
-neutral white would be cool but as long it aint a nasty blue crap from the dark age of the led history i'll be fine
- i dont need fancy materials, anodized alu is fine

Thanks for your time ☺

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you looking for a one cell or a two cell? For a one cell, the Lumintop Tool and Worm are worth looking into. If possible, get the version with the Nichia emitter, you will appreciate the improved color rendition. The tool is a tail clicky, but can also be ordered with a magnetic tail, which makes it into a twisty. The Worm is a twisty only.
For a two cell, the Lumintop IYP365, again in Nichia, is a very nice penlight light. Another two cell that would be more expensive would be the Nitecore MT06MD, with a Nichia emitter. Nitecore also has the MT06, which has a CREE emitter.
For a single mode one cell, the Streamlight Microstream is another nice light. I have been carrying mine in my pants pocket for several years, and it still looks brand new.

If you are going to be wearing it around your neck, and don't mind plugging in a USB charger, a Nitecore Tip CRI or Tube would work very well.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
For 1AAA, the Factor Equipment Mizpah 130 might work for you. It has a relatively floody beam and the best two way clip that I've experienced on a 1AAA light.

For 1AAA right angle light, the Manker E02 is worth a look, especially since you'll be planning on using it on a neck lanyard.

If you decide to go twisty again, I kind of like the Maglite Solitare for a solid budget light -it's my only twisty.

For 2AAA, the Nitecore MT06 and MT06MD are highly recommended. The MT06 is more of a thrower and the MT06MD is more floody. I prefer both of those over the IYP365.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another one worth considering is the Fenix LD02. It ticks off almost all your wants and desires. I have a few. Great lights.