• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

ALL SOLD CQvn P60 - Solid Copper P60 Quad

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikoy

Newly Enlightened
Re: CQvn P60 - Solid Copper P60 Quad

Vinh,

Great p60 drop in. I want to ask if my ultrafire clicky switch can handle your Quad xpl's?

How much for the quad xpl's 5700K?

Thank you in advance!

radiopej

Enlightened

If somebody wanted 2x XPL 4000 and 2x XPL 5700, would it be 2x $15 for A and B and then another $15 for K, or just 1x $15 for K covering all of the emitters?

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

If somebody wanted 2x XPL 4000 and 2x XPL 5700, would it be 2x $15 for A and B and then another $15 for K, or just 1x $15 for K covering all of the emitters?

I believe what you desire is covered under this option alone, with regards to emitter choice:-
K) +$15 for any LED mix combination you want

As you have pointed out. :)

A.marquardt

Enlightened

Just showing the innards of Tofty's 10 amp P60 switch. If you get a copper quad you should probably get one of his switches. The lowest pic shows how the assembly works, but the spring is supposed to be inside of the flared copper tube. As you can see, there is no current flowing thru the spring, it works exactly like a retractable spring pen. It's built like a tank and is just about indestructible. You can find his email/paypal over at BLF to order one.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Mention of BLF is fine but can't link to BLF. Thanks

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Has anyone had problems with a McClicky switch melting when running this dropin on 18650?

It seems like (especially the XP-L) can overheat the switch when run on 26650 but if 18650 isn't an issue, I'll likely pull the trigger. I'd be running it on NCR18650PF's in just a plain old L2T host so likely the light would get too hot before the switch overheated.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Has anyone had problems with a McClicky switch melting when running this dropin on 18650?

It seems like (especially the XP-L) can overheat the switch when run on 26650 but if 18650 isn't an issue, I'll likely pull the trigger. I'd be running it on NCR18650PF's in just a plain old L2T host so likely the light would get too hot before the switch overheated.

My PFs are too old to test.... :-(

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know but it seems to me that it's mostly been 26650's that had that issue. I doubt an L2T could handle 5-6 minutes on high anyways haha. I'd never use high more than 30-60s, so that should be alright ya?

No, I don't think it will be OK. The problem is that damage is done over time. Certainly if you use it in short bursts, it should last longer, but it will not be reliable even if you never run it for an extended period. This is a very high current light, and requires a switch that can handle more current than any McClicky.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

No, I don't think it will be OK. The problem is that damage is done over time. Certainly if you use it in short bursts, it should last longer, but it will not be reliable even if you never run it for an extended period. This is a very high current light, and requires a switch that can handle more current than any McClicky.
10-4, I understand.

Sounds like Vinh needs to develop and/or offer a high-amperage-capable switch to use with these hotrod drop-ins :)

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds like Vinh needs to develop and/or offer a high-amperage-capable switch to use with these hotrod drop-ins :)

There has already been quite a bit of discussion about the options available in the preceding 2 pages.
Either get one of the ZeroRez switch options if you're using a SureFire-based host, or one of those Tofty 10A switches if you're using a SolarForce host. :)

engineeringmatt09

Enlightened

I ordered a zerorez switch from oveready for my CQVN XPL 5700k/XPG2 5000k combo set up in Rustic L2T host!!

I'll post pics when all set up!! One day I will buy another quad with different combo but with drivervn :)

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can you get 4xNichia 219b as an option? How much?

vudoo

Enlightened

I have been away from the forums for a while but was well aware of Vinh's great work before I left. So I come back and find this thread and have decided I want one of these dropins.

I plan to run it in a bored C2 host with a cryos cooling bezel. It currently has a McClicky tail switch which I believe will not handle the amps.

I read Oveready zero rez switches will work but I would really like a clicky style switch. Will tofty switches fit in a surefire host?

I also have red AW IMR, AW Li-ion and Panasonic NCR batteries. Will they all safely work with this dropin?

Thanks guys.

MMD

Enlightened

Here is my host.

j6ilxu.jpg

14kb8jl.jpg

nd0m15.jpg

qyiv6w.jpg

I noticed ML with Driver VN works great until below 4V where it noticibly dims and starts to flicker. Below 3.8V it is not visible to my eye. Anyone else see this? Is this expected behavior?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.