Angry at my mother

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was 21 before I got a car and likewise had to bike or walk long distances to get anywhere including jobs. But and I'm sure it's not coincidental, I never had a weight problem whatsoever until I got my first car.

Others are right, you can train your parents to a degree. IMO, I do think that stuff in your room should be off limits to your mom and hopefully you two reached an understanding over that.

Unfortunately when I lived at home, I was made very aware that it was their house and I had to live by their rules or of course I could always move out.

yuandrew said:
I'm 19 now (turning 20 this June) but I can predict that I may still be living with my parents for several more years since I don't have a job (hopefully will get one by this summer), car, or even a "girlfriend" yet. I do have my driver's licence but since my parents think having a third vehicle is too expensive to insure, I wasn't allowed to have my own vehicle. I drive my mom's car but that is when she isn't working and needs me to go to Costco or the supermaket for groceries and food. Other times, I walk about 6 miles round trip just to get to RiteAid or RadioShack for things like batteries or electronic parts.

I know many of my younger friends have expected me (and often told me that they will do the same when they reach my age) to move out by now.
They will learn the truth though.

Makarov

Enlightened
My father was/is this way, luckily for me he stopped at the door to my room.
Everywere else and my father would pick it up(usually some halfmade project of high importance ;) ) ask the empty room "does anybody own this?" and when the empty room didn't answer throw it in the trash.
It came to the point were I looked in the trash first if I couldn't find my stuff.