Any Hawaiian played "Test Drive Unlimited"?

Xygen

Enlightened
Bought myself the game "Test Drive Unlimited" a few days ago.
The landscape is absolute fantastic! I'm just wondering how close to reality it is?
One can drive on more than 1000 miles of Hawaiian roads!!!

Any Hawaiian here who played it? The only one I know is Don... :grin2:

test-drive-unlimited-x360-022.jpg

test-drive-unlimited-x360-005.jpg

4.jpg

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the game give you any indication at all as to where you are? For example, what island, area, street, etc.?

Xygen

Enlightened
flashfan said:
Does the game give you any indication at all as to where you are? For example, what island, area, street, etc.?
From time to time, while driving, different Hawaiian names are indicated in the upper right corner. Can't name one atm. No street names iirc and only one big island.

Xygen

Enlightened
geepondy said:
I wonder if it would play ok on my aging P4 2.26, Radeon9800 Pro system?
I think the P4 is ok. But the 9800 isn't capable of HDR. HDR is what makes the game look so good. I think you'd be disapointed.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
NFS is arcadish, the most realistic one was Porsche Unleashed.

Arcadish means that the game is not as realistic, cars turn better then in real life. Cars accelerate faster, so on so forth. Arcadish is good for just having fun, less skill and thinking needed, IMHO. Realistic is more challenging but also very fun when you get the hang of it.

jds009 said:
is arcadeish bad? it looks like fun...but im a need for speed guy

Last edited:

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
jds009,

Depends. When I play Burnout 360, I want arcadish. When a game gives you the feeling of a simulator and your car drives like a spaceship, it's bad. TDU gives you an ok car-feeling, but no damage and too good grip with nonlinear breaks.

I play Live for Speed when I want realism.

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
jhds009,

It's an racing simulator where they first made the physics engine and then throw in a graphics engine, not the other way round which seems to be the standard procedure otherwise.

You can try it with a limited amount of cars and tracks for free here: link

Latest posts