BC-900 replacement power supply

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was some talk about using this power supply as a better replacement but later it was mentioned that it causes a bit more heat because of the somewhat higher voltage! It was mentioned that maybe it could be adjusted. So, what happened to the suggestion of using this power supply? I got one then but never used for fear of causing a problem!

jtr1962

Flashaholic
wptski said:
There was some talk about using this power supply as a better replacement but later it was mentioned that it causes a bit more heat because of the somewhat higher voltage! It was mentioned that maybe it could be adjusted. So, what happened to the suggestion of using this power supply? I got one then but never used for fear of causing a problem!
There issue of heat only comes into play at the higher charging currents. However, in order to avoid thermal shutdown from the cells overheating I use a fan anyway, so that solves the problem of the slight amount of additional heat when usuing this supply. The supply might have some sort of internal adjustment but I haven't been able to get it opened to find out. It looks like the plastic case is factory sealed rather than held together with screws.

ongbs

Newly Enlightened
You are right jtr1962,

It is thermal/chemical sealed during production. Most of the portable gadgets/notebook power supplies nowadays are sealed during production.
It is very hard for us to open it up without cracking/breaking the cover.

Samething happened to those Li-Ion or Li-Po battery packs for electronic gadgets like digital cameras/PDAs/Handphones etc.

cheers!

ong