Been looking at posts and talking to makers/sellers. Need more help - checklist:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well every site I looked at with the Knucklehead listed it as OK with Lithium Primaries,in fact it was in bold letters a few times?
Its funny but I am ordering one as it seems ideal for the in house during an emergency light to me as it does not need to be carried and will light up a room for 20 days while being a lot harder to knock over than any hand held light I can think of.
Akso the Magnet and clip are a huge feature to me as is the typical Streamlight build quality.

Regulated yes but extreme run times on low,also yes.

Anyway thanks for asking,I am glad I found this one!

brianko722

Newly Enlightened
Hello AVService: You may want to visit Streamlight.com and take a look at their description and specs on the Knucklehead. That model is listed as only running on alkaline disposables or a NiCD rechargeable pack, according to them. I was directed to contact their engineers by email at [email protected] for technical/specs questions. Otherwise, Streamlight's ProPolymer 4AA is an example along the lines of the unregulated flashlight I'm looking for at this time, only from another brand with up-to-date models with a similarly-long runtime rating, or as close to that as can be found, and that have heat dissipation capabilities that allow me to use the lithium disposable AA batteries without over-driving/burning out the light and voiding the warranty.

Thanks again to all who reply with qualities and options along these lines.