Bicycle?

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HDS Bicycle seems unlike other bike lights and the mount looks ineffective. Other that it seems to be the only US made bike light, why should I get one?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sometimes you just have to take a chance if you think something might prove useful to you. Best reason for buying it I can give you.

DRW

Enlightened
... the mount looks ineffective...
Sure does. Looks like it would bounce a lot. As you know, bouncing gives the appearance of the light flickering on and off.

Pass on the HDS mount and gin up a mount from firearm light mounts for the handlebar.

Runtime might be an issue compared to purpose built bike lights. My commutes are 40 minutes, recreational rides are 2 to 8 hours.

IMO this is simply different firmware (lipstick) on a light that is a high quality EDC handheld light.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I know DRW. Like why would you want a crenelated bezel on a light that could be involved in a collision? Imagine it injured a pedestrian and he sues.

I'm thinking of getting one for a paperweight but it is almost useless. Actually I take that back I would have never done the research and found their competitor if it wasn't for this. I just felt like their had to be some better American made light for bicycles and there was. It is called Outbound Lighting. If that isn't good enough there is Lupine or Exposure.