DX AMC7135 1400mA soldering

Tedfs

Newly Enlightened
I'm currently in the process of trying to mod a Surefire LX2 with an XM-L. After killing two emitters trying direct drive, I'm thinking a modded AMC7135 1400mA board may be in order. Not clear why the emitters are burning up as I've modded two seperate Surefire x300 lights with direct drive XM-L
emitters and have had no issues. Might be the LX2 double mode tailcap..

I've got plenty of PCB to rob one and stack the AMC chips to get 8 total. However, I have no idea where to solder
positive and negative leads
. I do see the - symbol but am unclear which section to solder for negative
and where to solder for positive.

Could someone please point out the correct locations ? Mine are similar to the one below save for the
Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4 being printed differently.

pcb.jpg

Flucero28

Enlightened
Ted, the negative lead gets soldered to the sliver pad just right of the - symbol. Positive lead can be soldered to the small silver pad located next to the via or hole in the center of the board.

Tedfs

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much !

[Edit]

That did the trick. One of those boards with 4 extra chips sandwiched on and soldered to the locations you pointed out resulted in successfully modding an LX2 to run an XM-L and not kill the emitter. The original functionality of the tailcap works as was designed.

[/Edit]

Last edited:

Flucero28

Enlightened
No problem bud, glad to hear you had success! If you get a chance, post a pic or two of that bad boy. I would love to see the result!

Latest posts