Extremely newbie question.

louis clarke ii

Newly Enlightened
Ok all this flashlight stuff is new. I have seen a few designs I like and would to purchase a a "body" (not sure of the pro term) and try and make my own. Seems like a lot of options on all the parts

Thanks Louis

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
The absolutely easiest way to do that is to go to any big box store and buy a cheap flashlight that sort of looks like what you want. Then you modify it by adding your choice of LED, Driver, battery, etc. There is a "modding" sub forum here that has a million ways to modify a light.

Dan

Thom2022

Enlightened
If by try to make your own you mean chose your own led and driver combo and fit them to a host (empty flashlight body) yourself then I highly recommend the convoy range. Granted I've not used anything else yet but they are well made and very cheap. The C8 is a great jumping off point, and with an xml2 in a smooth reflector it's a great all rounder, enough throw to see a fair distance with a nice amount of spill to light up what's close around you. You can also get orange peel reflectors for them for about $3, that way you can try different combos and see what works best for you without breaking the bank.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe go to the Solarforce website and look around. Some fun Lego stuff there. Cheap enough to play around and make some ordering mistakes. ha Look up P60 drop ins and L2P bodies. Make sure you get the right voltage drop in for your body/battery set up.
Have fun.

louis clarke ii

Newly Enlightened
I guess what I would like to do is have a custom body and work from there. I really dig some of the custom ones. I'm looking for an pocket EDC light. Around the size of a AAA size. I see a few I like and guess I should start there. A lot of options out there.

louis clarke ii

Newly Enlightened
Maybe go to the Solarforce website and look around. Some fun Lego stuff there. Cheap enough to play around and make some ordering mistakes. ha Look up P60 drop ins and L2P bodies. Make sure you get the right voltage drop in for your body/battery set up.
Have fun.

HAHA This may be the dumbest thing I've done all day. I am blown away at the customs. I have a few Hinderer knives with some S/F hardware on them. I've seen the S/F flashlight clips but didn't pay them much attention. DAMN just what I need a cool custom flashlight now. (Sinner has me thinking)