Has anyone moded the lights on their Christmas tree?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Has anyone...

Individually installing LEDs to replace each Christmas light must be the biggest b***h in the world...

:eek::ohgeez::sick:

prof student

Enlightened

ORRR....what about (if I may hijack this thread :whistle:) anyone gone all out with light designs?

Have pics?

:popcorn:

alamogunr

Newly Enlightened

A recent article in the electric cooperative magazine featured three cities(towns) in East Tenn (Gatlinburg, Pidgeon Forge, Sevierville) that had converted all their Christmas decorations to LED. According to the article, more than a million led's were used in the conversion. The $$ savings was amazing. All three are tourist destinations at the entrance to Great Smoky Mountains park. Without a sign, you couldn't tell when you leave one town and enter another.

Guy's Dropper

Enlightened
I am planning to do this in a couple of years. Hopefully, by that time I will have acquired enough lights that I can make a strand of obsolete leds to replace one of the light strands on my tree. Is there any type of fire hazard I should be aware of when doing that?

D-Dog

Enlightened

That was……EPIC:eek::faint:! WOW:caution:, I wish I could pull that off;), I mean who could possible challenge that?!:ironic::whistle:…….

:sssh: You don't want to give anyone any ideas :D

I converted the lights on my tree to LED's over the last two years... but that's about it. They do a LOT less power though (580 watts vs less than 100 now)

It would be tough to "mod" the lights though because individually they would take too much time and any powerful LED's would require heatsinking which would add additional weight... Imagine a Christmas tree with all Q5's or MC-E's :whistle: