Is RLT increase LED die temperature?

clemence

Newly Enlightened
OK, I guess almost anyone here now knows about Wavien and the technology they keep so expensively. They say that the Light recycling collar (RLT) won't increase the LED tempearature, is it true?
About two years ago I made a posting when I had a project for some art galleries in Indonesia. I made a light engine using 3 XPGs crowded within 10mm^2 circle.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...g-Facts-(Cree-s-R5-XPG)&p=3749019#post3749019
When I tested the lamp I put a small aluminum tubing to cover the blinding light. I needed to put a thermocouple to the highest temperature point. And then I found that the photon coming out from the LEDs was so hot. Could the RLT increase the die temperature?
What I know is that the more transparent the object the less heat they retain from the photon. Whilst the LED die definitely not transparent at all.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I'm thinking you have stumbled upon a not so obvious consequence of using a Wavien collar. While I have no empirical data to support my assessment you have brought to bear what might have been overlooked by most. Just like using a magnifying glass on a clear sunny day to concentrate the sun's rays, an RLT collar would clearly do the same thing to a degree. Not by using a lens but by doing something more subtle. Redirecting the photons repeatedly until they exit the aperture. And that's making an assumption most do. However I bet a large percentage actually just bounce around. And molecular movement is the cause of heat.

I take my hat off to you sir. You have brought up a casual question with some not so casual influences.

clemence

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmm, predicting based on my experiment, the temperature could go as high as 100C. I need to measure this but unfortunately the collar is too expensive. I think milling a small aluminum reflector is not that hard to try with.