LED Lenser query

Glyn

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

looking for some advice please. I use a LED Lenser P6.2 for running and I am very happy with it.

I bought a P5.2 (single AA) for my partner last year and had to send it back as, apparently, it has some sort of new 'Inteligent/Efficiency' feature that means it runs at full power until the battery reaches a certain level then it just cuts out completely. Obviously this is no good for a running torch as you could be miles from home when it dies (don't want to carry spare batteries). My older P6.2 is a much simpler torch and just gets dimmer as the battery wears down which is exactly what I want.

My question is, if I buy another P6 (P6.2 no longer available) will it have the feature?

Before you ask, I have contacted the UK main dealer and they can't answer!

Thanks,

Glyn.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

looking for some advice please. I use a LED Lenser P6.2 for running and I am very happy with it.

I bought a P5.2 (single AA) for my partner last year and had to send it back as, apparently, it has some sort of new 'Inteligent/Efficiency' feature that means it runs at full power until the battery reaches a certain level then it just cuts out completely. Obviously this is no good for a running torch as you could be miles from home when it dies (don't want to carry spare batteries). My older P6.2 is a much simpler torch and just gets dimmer as the battery wears down which is exactly what I want.

My question is, if I buy another P6 (P6.2 no longer available) will it have the feature?

Before you ask, I have contacted the UK main dealer and they can't answer!

Thanks,

Glyn.

I would honestly try to find one secondhand that is guaranteed not to have that feature, or look for new old stock.

Latest posts