Little History Lesson About Surefire(Link Inside)

Vesper

Enlightened
Good article - It was a good read. Nod32 here too and no issues w/ the site using FFox. BTW, your likely on the wrong side of copyright law posting this but I won't tell. :sssh:

LeifUK

Enlightened
Re: Little History Lesson About Surefire

Try dumping it and getting a good Anti-Virus setup, like ESET NOD32. I don't wish to cause offence, but whilst Norton is very popular and famous, it's also incredibly inefficient and gives a lot more false-positive warnings on perfectly innocent sites than other anti-virus packages, and can also stop perfectly innocent sites from working properly.

I say this as an I.T. Technician with over 15 years experience in repairing and maintaining PCs professionally. The first thing I do when I buy any new PC is remove Norton and/or McAfee and put something like NOD32 on.

+1. And I say that as a software engineer with over 15 years experience. I use BitDefender but there are many equally good packages out there. As you say, Norton is not one of them. At work we use NOD32.

When I worked for a Japanese company we were forced to use the same AV software as the Japanese people. We found that a build of software took hours unless we disabled the AV in which case it took minutes. So in order to work we all disabled the AV software. :huh: The IT department would not allow us to install decent stuff. Don't ya just love big corporations. :whistle: