New Black Diamond Storm 2014

Climb14er

Enlightened
I've been wearing headlamps since they replaced the old Rayovac hand held plastic lights years ago when hiking and climbing the high peaks. Still have some early Petzl and later Princeton Tecs.

The BD Storm is a phenomenal light, so many ways to use it and it's fairly lightweight! And I have the 100 lumen model and find it near perfect for on the trail and at night in a tent. BD's customer service is very good. I use the light with Eneloops and always carry four extra for an emergency.

Highly recommended headlamp.

dbgg1979

Newly Enlightened
BD usually is really good at answering question, though I have never had to ask them about their headlamps. It sounds to me light it is broken though.

I actually hate this headlamp as it turns on in the pack , even if locked. I now take the batteries out between uses, and at least now I remember how to open it! I controls aren't hard, just hard to remember or figure out without instructions.
The led on the side still lights up whenever the headlamp is off. Actually it's kinda useful at night. It now works like a night light and it easy to find in the dark.

I have a flashlight here that has a standby mode you can enable where the button led flashes every few seconds to make it easy to find in the dark. So could this also be a similar feature of the bd storm that I accidentally enabled? Or if not, it would be nice to have this feature an option.

tivvaz

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,
i own an old 2014 Storm. The weight of the four batteries was always a problem for me. To solve this problem i've ordered this pack: https://hobbyking.com/de_de/turnigy...ack-walkera-v120d02s-qr-infra-x-qr-w100s.html
It fits perfectly in the innerspace of the light. I added a micro-usb charging board 5V to 4.8V into the body for use an external batteriepack.

The problem is i couldn't get out much light that way. Could anyone give me an idea which pre-resistor at the lights board may cause the problem? Ore do i really need to use a stepup board to get out full power?

It's amazing how lightweight the storm could be :cool:

tivvaz

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, i don't know how to edit my message.

A possible step-up board would be this (text is in english): http://www.ebay.de/itm/Pololu-Adjustable-Step-Up-Step-Down-Spannungsregler-S7V8A-2118-/281994686847#rwid

I would be happy not to waste the batterie power for stepping the voltage up.
Here is a picture of the Storm with the batterie pack inside:
img_20170131_175626959.jpg