Newbie. Looking for HL50 similar but with red lamp option + AA's. Help

red5033

Newly Enlightened
Just stumbled on this great forum and want some advice. After doing a lot of reading here I narrowed my search but wanted some feedback. My criteria for a headlamp are as follows: $50-$100, good run time, red light option for close up reading, runs on AA's preferably (or at least AA option) and can throw some light beyond 150'. I'm using it for night hiking, backpacking and kayaking and my current petzl doesn't get the light out nearly as far as I need, especially when I'm on the River at night. Looked at the Zebralights and Fenix line. Trying to get something very simple to use too. If the HL50 had a red lamp option, I'd have bought it. Just when I think Ive found the perfect light, it seems to lack one of my criteria or its overly complicated or it doesn't review well. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Red

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened

red5033

Newly Enlightened
Thanks I just read up on and ordered the HC 90. At $99 I couldn't pass it up and think I'll do fine without the AA's and will just order a second 18650. Thanks

Red

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened
I think that you will be happy with it. Action-LED-Lights carries a case that HC-90 fits in nicely. You can't go wrong for $2.95.
the divider is removable and you can squeeze in a spare battery.

Bob

http://www.action-led-lights.com/co...nd-accessories/products/hardshell-travel-case

77459275-d534-4b4f-b2be-caecc362b8a9_zpsgbcn4clh.jpg

Caseman

Newly Enlightened
I know it's not red but I just got the hl50 and it's really nice. I bought 1 for work. I will be buying a 2nd for home.