NYC Tourist Warning: Push-cart vendors.

About twenty years ago, this was before I'd mellowed, I was patronizing the local Baskin Robbins and had just ordered two scoops in a cup. A teenage girl took my order then turned around taking a cup from a shelf behind her. Watching, I noticed she placed her thumb into the cup.

C.G.: "Excuse me. Is that for my order?"

BR Employee: "Yes it is. Didn't you want a cup?"

C.G.: "I do want a cup, but not that one."

BR Employee: "Why, what's wrong with it?"

C.G.: "You put your finger it it when you took it down from the shelf."

BR Employee: "No I didn't."

C.G.: "Yes you did, I watched you."

BR Employee, In a very dismissive tone: "Do you want a different one?"

She was cute, so probably wasn't used to guys doing anything but falling all over themselves in her presences.

I really didn't want want to argue, I just wanted some expensive ice cream. So.....Raising my thumb...

C.G.: "I'll make you a deal, lick my thumb, and I'll eat ice scream from that cup."

BR Employee: "Ewwww :green: !!!

C.G.: "Exactly!"

She retrieved a clean cup.

~ Chance

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
A recent true story and i went ballistic.Popped into Subway for something to eat,the muppet on the counter was very new and clueless but hell we need to learn so i kept my calm then she dropped the knife on the floor whilst cutting my bread and picked it up and carried on cutting.I went berserk and out of the store and phoned there H/O and got the usual corporate apology and a free sandwich,i cut there loyalty card up and told them stuff it.