Picture Overload of my new Deft EDC-X Enthusiast(Beamshots, Photos, comparisons)

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope you enjoy your new addition to a flashaholics collection.

I bought the DEFT-X when it first came out with the CPF discount and I still have it.

It is a keeper.

The DEFT-X lights are rated at around 950kcd.

I have loads of fun with mine shooting it across a river where it meets the sea.

My light is good to look at things closer to me without blasting the surrounding area with heaps of spill.

Being an aspheric light the lens projects an image of the LED with very little spill.

I can't aim mine high as I live near an airport and that is a definite NO NO!

People are amazed at throwers like the one you now have.

Mine just amazes people but the amazement stops when I tell them the replacement price for one nowadays.

Have loads of fun mate.

CHEERS

Busa Dave

Newly Enlightened
Just got lucky and called Michael and he had a couple of these left new ones that the orders were cancelled/returned nib on. I got one -- will be here in a day or two I live close. Better to be lucky than good as they say.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got lucky and called Michael and he had a couple of these left new ones that the orders were cancelled/returned nib on. I got one -- will be here in a day or two I live close. Better to be lucky than good as they say.

Are you buying the DEFT-X or its little brother the DEFT-EDC-X?

The DEFT-EDC-X would be nice in my collection but I think the DEFT-X is good enough to suit my purposes.

I don't know if Michael is making the DEFT-X anymore.

What is the current price of yours in US dollars?

CHEERS

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
The owner of the Wavien patent isn't licensing any new applications until they survey what lights are out there and evaluate if they might compete against their new business model.

I don't want to speak for Michael, but his Wavien contract expired (that's why he cut off sales on new lights), and unless the new patent holder licenses Michael to build using the collar, can't be used.

I had placed an order with Wavien for emitters with heat sinks, which after not hearing from they after a couple of weeks I attempted contact. The following day, an agent for Wavien called me to state that I should not have been able to order. On Tuesday after two weeks PayPal refunded my money.