Pocketable LEPs - Acebeam W10 Gen 2; Fenix TK; Weltool W1; etc

akatsuki

Newly Enlightened
I think I have watched every single review I could get my hands on.

And I gather that it is a relatively new space and probably a lot of them are using the same emitters. I don't need 10km of throw. I would like something that has long run-time, decent color quality (recognizing it isn't going to hit CRI-nerdiness levels), and is narrow enough to fit in a pocket (no flaring at one end).

Bonus for USB-C charging.

DRW

Enlightened

3_gun

Enlightened
Since you state you don't need the very thing that LEP provides, very long throw, try looking for a TIR lens using a LED. Anything with good throw will have a head larger than the battery tube but not overly large. An Emisar D1 with an sst 20@4k & a 95cri has good range & is very pocketable with or w/o a belt clip. With a W1 or W2 LED you lose some CRI but gain reach in the same light. A DM11 punches harder & longer with only a slight increase in size & can be had using the same LED

LaGgY_42o

Newly Enlightened
The W1 is fantastic, mines all beat up from dropping it too many times, love it but man is the beam ugly lol. It still surprises me when I pull it out now and then. The Titanium variant of the Ant Man from Lumintop is nice, just be sure its the Ti and not Alu, as the Ti variant is the only one to have a driver and is significantly higher performance. But as 3_gun said, maybe TIR's are better for you?

::Edit:: The Loop SK-01s is great as well, though with only an 18350 battery it may not be up to your requested standard of long run-time. Its a nice, clean, even, white spot and, after being worked in, can be easily and quickly zoomed in/out with one hand while holding it. The Ti version is amazingly built, try e-mailing them for a discount, when I got mine at launch it was way way cheaper so they may knock a good bit off for ya.

Last edited:

akatsuki

Newly Enlightened
@3_gun i just meant I don't need the throw champion of all of them. It isn't the priority versus other factors. I do want the throw to be at least okayish for an LEP.

@LaGgY_42o is the TI ant have a good UI? I read an early review that said it was bad but didn't comment between the two. I don't like the aesthetics of the Loop at all. It looks way too try hard for me.

3_gun

Enlightened
The DM11 was tested by a 3rd party reviewer to have a rating of 640 yards using a SFT40 LED, how much reach are you looking for? Other LED picks available could/would better that range

LaGgY_42o

Newly Enlightened
@LaGgY_42o is the TI ant have a good UI? I read an early review that said it was bad but didn't comment between the two. I don't like the aesthetics of the Loop at all. It looks way too try hard for me.

It has High-Low then Strobe if you switch between High-Low fast. I just made a quick video of some LEP's at like 500m, threw in a Maxa Beam for giggles, its uploaded just processing on YT, will link in a little 👍

::EDIT::
The W1 really is quite nice:

Last edited: