Question on CMG

RichardMT

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering something about my CMG and possibly other lights that you turn on by twisting. When twisting by tightening to turn on, is it possible to keep twisting to far and breaking the little circuit board? I only twist until if turns on, but I worry about people who say "can I borrow your flashlight?" and then decide they want to twist more to see if it gets brighter or some silly thing like that. Would it be best to carry my solitaire as a loaner or am I just worrying over nothing? Thanks.

d'mo

Enlightened
Great question! In the name of flashaholism, I just cranked my Infinity all the way down until the bottom of the bezel contacted the top of the battery tube. No ill effects observed, but it does seem to have pushed the curcuit board up a bit. Before this test, there was about 3mm between the head and battery tube when the LED illuminated. Now there is less than one. The "black disk dimming effect" also is easer to implemant.

Hey! I like it better this way! Thanks!

Blikbok

Enlightened
My CMG Ultra is too stiff to tighten all the way down.
My CMG Infinity tightens all the way down with no problems.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I think the problem is the HA II finish on Ultra. I have an Ultra G , which is HA III, and it screws down easier than my standard Ultra. If I understand it right, the HA II finish is thicker than the HA III, the HA III being tougher as it is formed at a higher temperature, a different process.

Latest posts