Raw NS - patina or polish?

reeso

Newly Enlightened
I have had a Raw NS for about six months now and have recently acquired a Wee Ti. When I was Wee-less I polished my Raw every few days to keep it shiny but now I have the beatiful Wee I am thinking of leaving my Raw to discolour and develop a patina.

What does everyone else do with their Raw NS? Keep it shiny or let it discolour?

Any pics of never polished Raws would be great. :thumbsup:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just sold a Wee NS and polished it, no fingerprints, no hairlines, nothing. Just pure NS. I have to say I like the look of my unpolished Raw NS much better! Apart from the look, I´m not concerned touching it and leaving prints on it because I just can´t stand having prints on my lights. You just don´t recognize them on my unpolished Raw NS. It is about 3.5 years old now and it still looks much better than some brass lights.

Eric

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I snagged a Wee NS a while back I polished up the reflector surface and the body with a dremel/compound but let it go after that. I didn't care for the mild but noticeable smell the nickel-steel case gave off and left on my hand every time I used the flashlight.
It took a few weeks for the scent of the polished metal to diminish.

fareast

Enlightened
Patina for me also! Although I liked the look of the NS when it was all shiny and new, I already knew I would never polish it up. Cleaning of course but never a shine. The Wee NS I have I try to touch it and touch it until it develops patina everywhere.

Odd thought:
I did notice though I smelled my Wee NS less than my Raw NS. The Raw I would always smell but with the Wee I have to make an effort to detect it. Perhaps this was only because I used the Raw NS much more.

sideman7

Newly Enlightened
I like the patina myself. Here is my Wee Ti BB and NS for comparison:
Wees.jpg

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Raw NS and Wee NS both have a full patina and I prefer the look also :) I am not going to polish them yet.