• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Removing Zerorez Twisty

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a M2-XML2 complete with a C2 body. I also got the zerorez shorty setup. How do I remove the pre-installed zerorez twisty so I can install the zerorez shorty into the Z41 tailcap?

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
There are a couple of issues...

The standard ZR is basically the same as the factory twisty, just with a different disk. And can be removed the same as the factory twisty:

http://www.oveready.com/images/uploads/mcclicky.html

But, this method is difficult to reverse if you chance your mind. Which you might do, because the S is ZRS stands for shorty. It works by replacing the space normally taken up by parts, with air, adding 15mm in battery length to any light onto which the tailcap is installed. In the case of a C2, that means it will handle 85mm batteries. They don't make 85mm batteries, so you'd then need to use a 15mm spacer, to take up the space that the ZRS puts in.

When creating the ZRS, we saw the lack of a momentary to be a negative, but there seems to be interest in having both no added length + no momentary. A third ZeroRez model may be possible to provide this.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured this would be the case, so I put in an order last night for an extra blank z41 tailcap.

Thanks, EG!

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured this would be the case, so I put in an order last night for an extra blank z41 tailcap.

Thanks, EG!

Just want to make sure that you understand that you cannot use a zero rez shorty on a 18650 (bored C2) body UNLESS you are planning to use a 15mm spacer.

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am using the zrs with a TL20 shorty cell tube + c series adapter to go with the M2 head.

Z41 tailcap with zrs + TL20 + C-adapter + M2 head.

Someone posted a picture of this setup on the M2 DD thread and I'm just trying to replicate it

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool man, and I hope you are going to run a 3V cr123 in it for low power/long runtime correct?

We do not recommend any type of IMR as it will likely fry the LED.

looking forward to your build pics.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that's the plan. I was wanting to get a delrin sleeve too, but it was out of stock in the 35mm size:(

When will you have more of those in stock?

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that's the plan. I was wanting to get a delrin sleeve too, but it was out of stock in the 35mm size:(

Sounds Good,
Dan can answer that question sometime soon for you.
The sleeves are one item that I do not produce.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Sorry, the primary risk with custom items is there is no warehouse full of product to pull from.

We underestimated demand with our last order and the shop we use to produce them slows way down in August.

They are first in line in September, and I expect to be fully stocked a few weeks after that.