Rovyvon Longevity

bbo

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

I recently picked up a few Rovyvon torches (A8 Gen 4 + A28 Gen 2) because of the rave reviews I've seen. I'm wondering if anyone here has held onto one for long enough to see the battery/bulb wear out. The function, size, and brightness has been perfect for me so far, I'm just curious about the longevity. Thanks dudes!

BBO

Attachments

• IMG_7574.jpeg
    IMG_7574.jpeg
    574.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I've had an A5 G4 on my keychain for ~18 months and it's held up better than the aluminum Lumintop EDC01 that's been there for ~30 months. The use on the Rovyvon is admittedly quite occasional.

Reactions: bbo

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
They seem to hold up better than my Nitecore Tubes do. No plastic case disintegration, no faulty circuit after a few weeks of use.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
They seem to hold up better than my Nitecore Tubes do.
After both a TUBE and a TIP I'm not inclined to try another Nitecore keychain light. The latter admittedly lasted longer than the former but it was also troublesome with both the lockout failing to lock out semi-monthly and the switches eventually becoming irrecoverably infested with schmutz.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you value accurate color rendering, Rovyvon had one available through Amazon; composite case, metal head. One may have a hard time finding one of those, or not.

The button is harder to find than on a Nitecore TIP and I have had an unwanted activation once or twice.

Being able to just hold the button down to get maximum then release for off is fast and handy. I only carry it on a Grimloc at work and supply runs to town at this point but it is holding up just fine.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The button is harder to find than on a Nitecore TIP and I have had an unwanted activation once or twice.
I bought one very early on and liked it okay, but as you mentioned, finding the button was fiddly, and in my case, it was always switching itself on and I could seldom rely on there being any charge left when I'd go to use it.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a RovyVon A4x Mini Keychain in May 2020, and its held up well on my keychain. Only found it accidentally turned on twice, during that time.

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
I bought a Rovyvon A3Pro in April 2022 and it has been an every-day carry for the last 18 months with no issues. No accidental lighting in pocket, battery life is still good, and it hasn't even gotten too banged up riding in the same pocket as my Leatherman Squirt. And hurray, it's not black like nearly all my other flashlights.

I put a little lanyard made of small diameter shock cord and now I can attach it to my glasses frame if I need an improvised headlamp.

Summer of '22 I bought an A8 to get the UV function and to see what the plastic case was like - not carried nearly as often but no issues yet.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
The focus system makes Ledlenser intriguing, how was your experience with that?
I'm glad you asked. It is very well thought out from their smallest AAA lights to the X21 series. On the small ones it can generate a flawless beam of light for white wall hunters and in the X21 it can make the beam seem better than brighter lights. Then there is this.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zoomable lights with a spherical lenses have been with us for some time, the frequently rebadged units have a reasonable gliding action focus, how does that compare to the LED Lenser product?