Tactical Green Laser wanted

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any way, If you can hook me up with some honest people who can help me out, that would be great !!! Thanks so much !!!!!!

Hey, I sent you a PM... :thumbsup: Good luck with the build!

CTguy

Newly Enlightened
One of two guys I recommended. ;)

Thank you for the info............... Legality wise, the only thing I see in
looking around is that nothing above 5mw can be IMPORTED into the
country. Many of the websites Ive been to are only selling to military
and law enforcement, and the products are only 5 mw anyway !!!!

I really wish that z-bolt BTMK10 system was available as it would
be the most perfect part for me. Being able to take it off the weapon
and put it on my telescope would be so kewl !!!!!!!

CTguy

Newly Enlightened
One of two guys I recommended. ;)

I visited his profile and saw where others had left messages, but did not
see an area where I could post a private or otherwise message to him
about building one for me that would have a USA host and parts
rather then the cree one (which is very nice looking) and the MXDL one
looks really great too !! I really envy his ability and setups to be able
to have a hobby that can earn you money as well.

Reading some of the DIY kits where you do have to soldier things
and whatnot, is a little precarious to me at this point....Im not as
young and steady as I once was. Eyes and hearing are shot, Dont
get old......stay young !!!!!!!!!! LOL

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just register, go to his profile, find the contact section and send him a PM. Tell him that you want him to build you a laser in a host you supply. They both probably have the resources to make a custom-sized heatsink, as well as assemble the thing for you. Be sure to tell them you want to keep the front spring and use it on a gun.

CTguy

Newly Enlightened
Just register, go to his profile, find the contact section and send him a PM. Tell him that you want him to build you a laser in a host you supply. They both probably have the resources to make a custom-sized heatsink, as well as assemble the thing for you. Be sure to tell them you want to keep the front spring and use it on a gun.

Thank you very much for the info...I appreciate it a lot !!!!

kerze

Newly Enlightened
Sadly I cannot contribute to the actual question but I would still like to say something: Man how I envy you for that gun! I wish the laws in my country would let me get one of those... and really, a gun is one of the best ways (if not THE best way) to put a laser into action... *sigh*

Last edited:

zone 69

Newly Enlightened
KELOWNA.BRITISH COLUMBIA.CANADA.PLANET EARTH
I found a green laser that works for what I need it for but it needs a 1000mah RCR123 battery to run it. My 650mha RCR123 wont run this unit at all.

• This is a new model of Green Laser sight scope
  • 532nm Green Laser Dot Sight w/Pressure Pad & Mount
  • ON / OFF Cap Switch
  • Wavelength 532 nM
  • Windage & Elevation Adjustment
  • Beam Diameter : <1.2m
  • Beam Range : @ 10000 yard and up
  • Material : Metal
  • Use CR123A 3V Lithium Battery
  • Length: 111 mm; Weight: 250g.

Last edited:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zone 69-first off, 1000mah has almost nothing to do with the ability of the battery to support the laser, at all. It only affects runtime. Also, those stats you posted are definitely a lie... 10000 yard and up my butt... Also, no power output is stated! :crackup: It also says CR123, not RCR123... BIG difference. Plus, that think looks like it's for airsoft, not a real gun. Uh-oh!

Be careful, lots of people will rip you off for those kinds of crappy green sights. It's worth learning the terminology and stuff just so you can buy properly.

Edit:
also, I just noticed the beam diameter is listed at 1.2m... LOL. If it's 1.2mm, they left of an 'm' and that's also way too thin... that beam will get fat really fast. If they mean 1.2mrad (which sounds more likely) that has nothing to do with beam starting diameter... I hate it when companies post specs they don't even get. :mad:

Last edited:

zone 69

Newly Enlightened
KELOWNA.BRITISH COLUMBIA.CANADA.PLANET EARTH
Thank you wyager,,,,,,, Yaaa Post#2 one more to go and i can shutup.

Yes its for airsoft.

I dont know the correct specs it was copy & paste from the web site.
http://www.ebairsoft.com/adjustable-532nm-green-sight-laser-scope-mount-p-54.html

I like to be able use rechargeable 123 batteries in it but found that the ones I have only the green one Li-ion 17335 1000mAh 3v works and the Soshine RCR 3V 650mAh will not power it.

Green one
http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/7144714/FL_17335_3V_Rechargeable_battery.html

And sorry I have no clue as to the batterys or the laser im useing.

Charger im useing is the Infamous DSD.

Last edited:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright, as long as it's for airsoft I guess you can't really go wrong, can you? Just don't believe any of the specs you hear. Often times vendors have no clue what they're talking about.

CTguy

Newly Enlightened
Sadly I cannot contribute to the actual question but I would still like to say something: Man how I envy you for that gun! I wish the laws in my country would let me get one of those... and really, a gun is one of the best ways (if not THE best way) to put a laser into action... *sigh*

I sold 4 rifles and a few pistols (1971 Colt python with 6 inch barrel in mint
condition) and that got me the rifle and the sling. To get the eotech stuff I sold a 75 gallon bow front fishtank and a meade ETX90 telescope. I had a
lot of stuff laying around never used and decided to sell it all and buy a nice tactical weapon in case the SHTF at some time. The Rock River Arms 20"
rifle I had was only good for long distance and was way too heavy to carry.
Now that Ive loaded up the new one, its not 6.8 pds anymore either.

I bought the M&P15 last May and still have not taken it to the range yet.

And it you dont mind me saying so, the BEST way to use a laser is to have it on a telescope to help others learn about the stars and enjoy life....On a weapon it has a meaning that has dire results.

Last edited:

andyw513

Enlightened
For those green fans...have you ever checked out the K-15 laser that Laserlyte makes? I'm putting it on my AR when my silencer gets approved. It's only 5mw, but being green, I don't see much use for class IIIB anyways.

I'm a big fan of the shape because it can be mounted on the top rail and not get in the way of your sights, a lot like a PEQ or a DBAL. Usually around 1/4 the price of a DBAL, too, which I really like. :hitit:

CTguy

Newly Enlightened
For those green fans...have you ever checked out the K-15 laser that Laserlyte makes? I'm putting it on my AR when my silencer gets approved. It's only 5mw, but being green, I don't see much use for class IIIB anyways.

I'm a big fan of the shape because it can be mounted on the top rail and not get in the way of your sights, a lot like a PEQ or a DBAL. Usually around 1/4 the price of a DBAL, too, which I really like. :hitit:
Ive priced the K-15 out at 239.97 but many of the reviews I read on it
were not very good....but it was the batteries that made me not want
it as I only want CR123 that go with the rest of my system.
Good Luck !!

Also, Hello Brother, I am a member of Valley Lodge #36 in Simsbury Ct and the Tyler.

CTguy

Newly Enlightened
Re: Tactical Green Laser wanted 2

Quote= My recommendation is to get a custom 18650/CR123 based laser in a flashlight host, it won't cost all that much. Such a build would probably cost me under $100 and would be extremely durable. You could put it in one of those scope mounts where you can adjust the elevation/windage and get a consumer-class laser tailored to your specifications. If you wanted, you could even get a laser bright enough to use as an illuminator through your scope.(sic) QUOTE

That would be a really great idea. but because I already have a 3 x magnifier and a red dot holographic sight, I have no where to put a scope that has been modified. Really great idea though, and someone else can surely use it
that has less equipment on theirs.

Ive had some people here suggest to contact some others on other pages and the one guy only sells kits, and would want to use a key to turn on and off.......not very recommendable for a rifle to use a key instead of a
button cap on end.

I spend hours searching and never come up with much.

Thanks for the great idea about the scope though !!!!!!!!!!!