Tikka headstrap system?

Recoil Rob

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me if the top strap on this Tikka is made to be removed so I can just use the headband?

thanks, Rod

Hot linked image removed. Us the model number, or use a host to show image.

Last edited by a moderator:

borrower

Enlightened
I think all Petzl headbands are replaceable. (Except maybe a zipka, now that I think about it...)

tam17

Enlightened
I've removed the top strap from my Petzl ADAPT headband a few days ago. It is meant to be removable, just needs some fiddling with those split D-rings (I've used just fingernails, no tools required).

Cheers,

Tam

Recoil Rob

Newly Enlightened
I've removed the top strap from my Petzl ADAPT headband a few days ago. It is meant to be removable, just needs some fiddling with those split D-rings (I've used just fingernails, no tools required).

Cheers,

Tam

thanks Tam, that's what I wanted to know. How do you like that lamp? Petzl says it's the best for hunting and fishing, the red lens for low light work.

Recoil Rob

Newly Enlightened

Hot linked image removed. Us the model number, or use a host to show image.

Sorry about that. I'm pretty sure I only posted an image not a hot link.

I did check the FAQ about posting images and it didn't mention hot links.

How do I add an image to a post?
If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.
To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

tam17

Enlightened
thanks Tam, that's what I wanted to know. How do you like that lamp? Petzl says it's the best for hunting and fishing, the red lens for low light work.

Actually I have Tikka XP1 (XP-G mod) and aftermarket ADAPT kit, which comes with a top strap headband. I'm currently making a headband mount for my Fenix E01 and E05 flashlights, so I've got rid of the top strap and I'm modding unused ADAPT Tikka back.

I had an older version of Tikka+, never liked it much and borrowed it to my father for his home improvement projects.

Cheers