• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TISvn & MaratacVN - Brightest & Most Advanced Keychain Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh, you missed the Massdrop group buy! I was waiting on CountyComm to stock them but then Massdrop organized the GB. Got four Cu AAA Maratacs. A couple should make their way to you at some point for some serious TLC. These are v3 (but oh the horror, they switched the UI to M-L-H, the nincompoops!). Massdrop should be offering a group buy for the brass AAA Maratacs sometime soon.

These are hard to mod aren't they? How badly scratched do you think the Cu will be during the mod?

EDIT Removed the bit about TiS driver because it was false. My bad. I was :confused:.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, you missed the Massdrop group buy! I was waiting on CountyComm to stock them but then Massdrop organized the GB. Got four Cu AAA Maratacs. A couple should make their way to you at some point for some serious TLC. These are v3 with the TiS driver from what I understand (but oh the horror, they switched the UI to M-L-H, the nincompoops!). Massdrop should be offering a group buy for the brass AAA Maratacs sometime soon.

These are hard to mod aren't they? How badly scratched do you think the Cu will be during the mod?

I tape up the body to avoid Cu scrahctes.

What is nincompoops? Vivians say it all the time. I thought it was a word she made up LOL

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are v3 with the TiS driver from what I understand
I do not think that is correct. AFAIK The TiS driver, whose modes are .04-12-120 with NO PWM, Can be installed by Vinh, it is completely different than the PWM driver in the stock Maratac, whose modes are 40-1.5-138. Neither of those are LiIon drivers.

I find the TiS driver too dim on the first mode. The stock Maratac driver gives much more practical light levels imo, IF you are OK with PWM.

I would recommend DriverVN if you want to use LiIon

nincompoops = non competent = silly or stupid

Last edited:

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not think that is correct. AFAIK The TiS driver, whose modes are .04-12-120 with NO PWM, Can be installed by Vinh, it is completely different than the PWM driver in the stock Maratac, whose modes are 40-1.5-138. Neither of those are LiIon drivers.

Thanks for the clarification. You are right I did garble things up (what was I smoking, I wonder). It has nothing to do with TiS. The PWM must be high frequency because I do not see any sign of it. I'll try to measure it for myself this weekend.

mjgsxr

Enlightened
Quick update. Emailed countycomm about maratac copper rev3. This was there reply "They will be back in 2 months hopefully". Sounds good for getting them be for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.