UK retailer for 6p bits'n'bobs

Philsus

Newly Enlightened
hey all,
so i have myself a lovely SF 6p which i got a couple years back and i love it to bits! getting a malkoff m61 for it (unless you can recommend better for a similar price?)

the purpose of this post is to find out where i can shop for bits like a strike bezle/head and tail caps and a strong window which wont break on me within the UK? really want to get this torch from good to great!

any help is appreciated.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love Malkoff, however you may change your mind when you realise the cost of their shipping charges to the UK, add on import duty and VAT and it doesn't make their drop-ins economically viable. Have you considered Sportac drop-in's that are available in the UK from Flashaholics?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
A metal bezel ring is a huge improvement but the stock lens is massively thick / strong already.

Philsus

Newly Enlightened
JEESH just saw the postage!! what would you recommend sportac drop-in wise?

Philsus

Newly Enlightened
what kind of bezle ring would you recommend? i've see the solarforce ring which looks nice, but NO idea if it will fit.

herbicide

Newly Enlightened
RE: Sportac dropins.

I have the 3x nichia 219 model, and it has a nice, floody beam with a great tint and colour rendition. there are two versions of each dropin, one with a straight body, and one that necks down, apparently for SF bodies, and negative coil springs.

One thing to note is that the positive contact has a plastic lip - presumably as some sort of reverse polarity protection - that means you'll need to stick a small magnet on the top of a flat-top cell in order for it to make contact.

[edit] See pic below [/edit]

378iwXg.jpg

Last edited:

Philsus

Newly Enlightened
im assuming they will run an 18650? and any chance you know where i can get a colour comparison between the beams?

herbicide

Newly Enlightened
They'll run on two.

tint-wise, I'd say it's on the slightly warm side of neutral, without being brown like the warm XM-L in the stubby D26-and-VG1 at position fourteen.

Here it is in a recent lineup, occupying the Solarforce L2T (tenth from the left)

OQOillw.jpg

Note the tint in comparison with the Incan lights in positions two and three, and the cool SST90 (first on the left) and XP-G (fourth).

I'll try and repeat the lineup on a white backdrop, some time.

Last edited:

herbicide

Newly Enlightened
Here's a series of photos showing tints of various LEDs against a white background.

All photos taken at ISO 200, 1/200 sec, f13, daylight white balance.

yGo9OOR.jpg

WqzcSTV.jpg

HDQDDhK.jpg

dwzgjdc.jpg

uzY9m1d.jpg

3cTH16b.jpg