When is P61L drop-in due?

BytorJr

Newly Enlightened
Anybody here have any clue as to when Surefire will release the P61L drop-in? Since I've got a C3, I'd like to have the P61L instead of dropping down to the P60L.

Thanks.

revance

Newly Enlightened
Heck, I would be happy if they would just tell us what the price will be so I can get over the sticker shock ahead of time. I don't want to be having second thoughts about clicking that "buy" button and then it sell out during my hesitation.

Centropolis

Enlightened
Heck, I would be happy if they would just tell us what the price will be so I can get over the sticker shock ahead of time. I don't want to be having second thoughts about clicking that "buy" button and then it sell out during my hesitation.

I am totally hoping that the P61L will be cheaper than a M60 or M60L from Malkoff. I only want one to put in my 6PL. I don't think my G2 or G2L w/polymer bezel can handle anything more than the P60L.

revance

Newly Enlightened
I only want one to put in my 6PL. I don't think my G2 or G2L w/polymer bezel can handle anything more than the P60L.

I actually want one for my G2L because as far as I know, the surefire drop-ins are the only ones with thermal protection. I don't mind it dimming down a bit after extended use... but I would really like to have those first couple minutes bright as ****. I can't put any of the others in it without fear of damaging the LEDs.

Centropolis

Enlightened
I actually want one for my G2L because as far as I know, the surefire drop-ins are the only ones with thermal protection. I don't mind it dimming down a bit after extended use... but I would really like to have those first couple minutes bright as ****. I can't put any of the others in it without fear of damaging the LEDs.

If Surefire comes out with the P61L....I am guessing it wouldn't be bright just for a few minutes! :) I am sure it'll probably has similar run times as the P60L.....maybe a little less.

revance

Newly Enlightened
If Surefire comes out with the P61L....I am guessing it wouldn't be bright just for a few minutes! :) I am sure it'll probably has similar run times as the P60L.....maybe a little less.

Thermal regulation will kick in quickly in a G2L and dim it down to keep the LED from overheating in the plastic flashlight. I wasn't talking about runtime, I'm sure that will be just fine. I just mean I won't get the full 200 lumens in my G2 for very long.

revance

Newly Enlightened
why not just get a 6p? they are dirt cheap around Market place.

Because I REALLY like my G2L. I don't care for the plain knurled grip of the 6P (I know... blasphemy). I am considering a C2 though, the grip on it looks like it might feel good in my hands.

Either way, I WANT one of those P61L modules.

jbviau

Enlightened
Come on, guys! All these popcorn posts are making me check this thread way too much hoping that the next new post has some actual info. re: the P61L. Of course my post will now probably have the same effect on someone else (doh).

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I am hoping to get a 6P bezel for my G2, or maybe a 6PD because the crennelation is kewl. Will that help heat dissipation at all?

Theoretically it should... any time you add surface area to a heatsink it aids in heat dissipation. The farther your heatsink fins extend out into flowing air, the more heat the sink removes from the heat source.

Not sure about the G2 but on a 6P the base of the bezel where it meets the body heats up first, from 0-8 minutes. From 8-13 minutes the heat warms the length of the bezel, towards the lens. From 13-20 minutes the heat warms the body, where it slowly increases from 20 minutes on. Assuming the G2 can't dissipate as much heat through its body, any added surface area you can add to the bezel would be a step in the right direction.