Eternalight Derringer

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone probably already did this, but one of the things I didn't really like about the Derringer is the button sticking out so far that it seemed like it'd be prone to accidental turn-on-

I know it has a timer on the first press and hold, but if I toss it in a bag, it still could end up in one of the untimed modes.

I ended up cutting the button flush with the case, and luckily the button was still solid down to that level-

If I place it in the case with the button towards the stiff rear section, there's no chance of it coming on accidentally.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my Derringer, my first Eternalight. I am not impressed by it. Too many presses to get to the mode I want. It is kind of a self-contradictory piece. ie. they took away the other buttons to "simplify" it. However, ppl who want simplicity of operation also tend not to want or need 13 modes either! I gave one to my sister who is not a gadget freak and she is not crazy about it either. Now, I have to get her another light...

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very true, not having at least a memory makes it a bit of a drag- I thought it would be like my EliteMax to some degree, but it just isn't.
Fine for standby use though, which is why I wanted to make sure it didn't turn on accidentally-