Storage for multiple flashlights (cases and such)

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
I'm looking for a local retailer (not internet) where i might be able to purchase several abs plastic cases with foam to store my flashlights. I don't think i want them sitting out on a shelf to collect dust and i don't really want to purchase separate sheaths for them all. My few EDC have sheaths so that is sufficient.

I know that Pelican makes some very nice cases but i don't think theres any place locally that you could walk in and purchase something like this.

I also saw a few variety of cases at Fry's Electronics but they were overkill in the size department. Their cases were bigger for carrying things like Oscilloscopes and larger test equipment.

Has anyone come up with any creative cases like from Walmart or Target or Sears etc....???

I'd like to store at least 6 - 8 torches per case so i'd say the size would need to be at least 14" - 16" wide by 12" deep by 6" tall. (just guessing).

:thinking:

Last edited:

juancho

Enlightened
I bought several of these cases from Midsouth Shooters Supply, (I am sorry I don't remember the brand name) but the price were right at $14.00 (I think)

E2ecasedcollect.jpg

Juan C.

magic79

Enlightened
iNDiGLo said:
I know that Pelican makes some very nice cases but i don't think theres any place locally that you could walk in and purchase something like this. :thinking:

You should have no problem finding these locally, even in small towns. These are available at any gun store, K-Mart, WalMart, and any big fishing/hunting outdoors store. Sometimes they're seasonal at the 'Marts. They are pretty cheap too.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear pelican cases are really good.... O-ring sealed, so its waterproof, and they are really tough.

-David

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've tried a few different cases/tackle boxes in the past. With the addition of new lights I was always having to reorganize. Finally decided that if the house was to get robbed I was only making it easier for the thief. So, my lights are back to being scattered around the house. There's always one nearby when it's needed.

Geoff

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Smith & Wesson makes an excellent case, similar to a computer case but with soft padded pockets inside, for carrying knives. Knife collectors use these, but the pockets are great for flashlights. There are quite a number of different sized pockets.

I'm sure there are other good knife cases that would be suitable for flashlights. You might start a hard target search of local cutlery/knife shops and sporting goods stores that sell guns.

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
PSM..... its off topic, but... what is brighter, lioncub or HDS?

-David

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
Thanks for all the replies and ideas. I went to a place called "Cheaper Than Dirt" (www.cheaperthandirt.com). Its a local Surefire Dealer that carries tons of police/swat gear and lots of guns/ammo/accessories.

Picked up a few of their Doskicil brand Pistol & Accessory cases. Worked out well.

Cavannus

Newly Enlightened
marche_flottant.jpg

I store my flashlights in... plastic fruit cases taken at the end of the market! (like on the photo above)

OK, their design is quite kitch and they are only to store flashlights which are frequently used outdoor (for me: in caves, quarries, abandonned factories, etc., i.e. places where they get scratched).

But such cases are free and stackable!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be careful. "Cheaper Than Dirt" is NOT "cheaper" than dirt. In fact I find them to be moderately expensive compared to many other web sites. Out of the many catalogs I receive regularly, their catalog goes directly into the trash because of their high prices.

iNDiGLo said:
Thanks for all the replies and ideas. I went to a place called "Cheaper Than Dirt" (www.cheaperthandirt.com). Its a local Surefire Dealer that carries tons of police/swat gear and lots of guns/ammo/accessories.

Picked up a few of their Doskicil brand Pistol & Accessory cases. Worked out well.

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened
How do you guys cut out the slots for the lights and batteries. I tried cutting slots in a piece of regular old foam and hacked it all up.

jtice

Flashaholic
Its "plucking" foam.
It is scored into 1 cm cubes, that you pluck out, to the shape of your item.

~John

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin has these at Battery Station. #1062 - Pick 'N' Pluck™ Foam Insert $5.00

I just bought a few Pelican and otter cases from them and got a some extra PnP for my other case.

Kevin has some really nice cases on sale right now. Start at the CPF specials page and check some other case pages for more deals.
http://www.batterystation.com/cpf.htm

BIG Cheers to Kevin at BS for calling me within hours of clicking in my order to clarify some color choices and for shipping priority mail super fast. Ordered and shipped on Friday and I received it monday or tuesday! :twothumbs:

In the past jtice has said to just get the Pelican cases and forget the rest. Now that I have a few I'd agree they are excellent. A lot of attention to the little details that make them a superior case.