EDC Problem..

IonFire

Enlightened
Hi everyone, Season's greetings!

I am new to posting, but have been lurking about here with a light or two for while,On an off like. (No pun intended, but o well lol)

Anyhow guys, i recently been lumen bitten again an it spread damn fast this time.
You know, Same ol story, been using Mug's for years, then came across a neat little light that had some crazy life an lumen claims and the LED bug had struck a fresh burn on me.

So, The first one came off of a MAC tool dealer truck, little 3Xaaa 6-led flood light like the X5 in a shiny stainless case with a steel buttoned switch similar in position to a larger Mag. Good flood, really good, good as my buddies X5 at the shop, long life so far. I Added to it like all my lights end caps, this one i used 1In. chair leg caps. Hard plastic, fit snuggly and keep it safe from dings, falls and keeps business end clean, so every good light i have has some kind of cap on it, i usually use Automotive rubber caps, they have good memory, durable and very waterproof.
Aswell as most lights when they fall land on an end or another this really keeps them in shape, and they rest usually on the ends when sitting, so there again , no wear for me.

I went through a few more little lights not quite as pricey as the first one, but still they do add up hehe. I thought, maybe if a bought a fairly decent throw/Flooder i would be good for time to come. Well i bought a Pelican M6 LED, it filled my needs well enough after purchase to keep my happy for a bit, pricey it was, i wantd to feel it in hand prior to paying, couldn't say no once i held it and paid way too much for it as compared to other stores, but it might have helped that mom an pop shop out another month, who knows.

I was doing good, went back to my knives, an poured my money into that funnel again. Then my wife buys me a X1 outa the blue. Well damn it, that did it, the decently tight thro, ergo's and battery requirements got me in again i guess.
Then a couple Innova Micros, then a slight drought near xmas itself, well atleast untill then as at Xmas, i couldn't believe the good tidings i recieved, enough to purchase me more cannons.

So, i came into the possesion of a E1L and a E2L and a G2.
This i figure, is an accelerated growth of the Flasholism disease, and yes, i am aware, very few live in the dark after this, i am enlightened now.:help:

Sorry for the long wine, just thought a bit a background might help.

I EDC a lot i guess, i 3 Knives,710,705 and a cheapy, i also carry 3 lights,
a TM-310H(For low light use), the original 6-led flood(Good,robust an holds like a roll of quarters) and the last was the latest X1, another do not disturb your surrounds light.

I loved my PM6, but found it too large for EDC for me, but now i have a 1x123 and a 2x123 that have a much slimmer profile and wonder...

Which SF EL should i intro into my EDC rotation? I mean the E2L is not much bigger then the E1L an has a decent belt clip, better run time and slightly brighter, Vrs the E1L which is close to the above in most manners.

It seems funny as this basically is the question the Q-3 owners have with thier bigger brother 5 watt version, lol i stopped at the Q-3, i did not get the 5 watter so i did not know of the dilemma till now.

And, the 2-stage clickie i have recently been seeing people mention, is it availible through a retailer or a private person? I really want 2 or 3, if it fits the Q-3 aswell. This imho would make my lights alot more versatile to me.

Ok, last thought, what is most common packing of a 2x123 light, holster, sheath, pocket, jeans or jacket?
Also, does a KL4 head on a E2L with a 2-stage sound decent?
Hhmm, makes me wonder if my KL1 2 gen, will fit on my Q3, i'll have to dig it out.

Help, i am lost, but i can see.:thinking:

IF

DigMe

Enlightened
IonFire said:
I EDC a lot i guess, i 3 Knives,710,705 and a cheapy, i also carry 3 lights,
a TM-310H(For low light use), the original 6-led flood(Good,robust an holds like a roll of quarters) and the last was the latest X1, another do not disturb your surrounds light.

What? No Batarang?

brad cook

carrot

Flashaholic
I carry a lot too. Palm, cell, MiniMag, 2 flash drives, SF G2, a few pens, iPod, Photon Freedom Micro, Photon 1, Leatherman Micra, digital camera... I either clip them to my belt if there's a clip or they go into the pockets -- I've been called a handiman by several of my friends, I just smile.

My Surefire G2 rides in my 5th pocket, the coin pocket on the left side, bezel down, and most pockets are tight enough to keep it from coming out when I'm active. I tend to take the side "smaller is better" so I'd say take the E1L. Or take both. And if you want to impress anyone, the E1L is better.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings, IonFire, welcome to the CPF.

Since you have the E1 & E2 bodies, you may want to consider getting the incan bezel (about $25) for them, along with an MNO3 lamp for more total output from the E2 & an MNO1 lamp/incan head for an even shorter E1e. The G2 has a P61 LA option for more flood/total light with same throw.

That's what I did with mine. BTW the E1L will output the same as E2L when run on a single R123 cell, however, the run time is less.

carrot

Flashaholic
jayflash said:
Greetings, IonFire, welcome to the CPF.

Since you have the E1 & E2 bodies, you may want to consider getting the incan bezel (about $25) for them, along with an MNO3 lamp for more total output from the E2 & an MNO1 lamp/incan head for an even shorter E1e. The G2 has a P61 LA option for more flood/total light with same throw.

That's what I did with mine. BTW the E1L will output the same as E2L when run on a single R123 cell, however, the run time is less.

Isn't the incandescent bezel a different color anodization than the ExL series?

IonFire

Enlightened
Hey thanks guys,

1.Nope, No batarang.
2.G2 in a coin pocket, isn't that a little tight? :)
3.Yes, i am thinking about a P61, this will compliment the others imho.

I have been carrying the E1L in a front pocket, i am looking for sheaths an stuff for the E2L and G2 to make them friendlier to carry aswell, untill then i guess the E1L is the main EDC to join the other EDC's.

Do you think a 2-stage clickie switch is a good idea for the E1L and the E2L?

What your opinions on the KL3 Head? It seems to have decent run times, a little bigger in pictures, should i snag one of these to use in place of a KL1?

Thanks for all your help fella's.
I really do apreciate it.

IF

carrot

Flashaholic
G2 in coin pocket is not too tight... I wear regular fit jeans, and the bezel fits perfectly in most of those coin pockets, even with two spare batteries.

IonFire

Enlightened
Right on, thanks for the link CHC:)

Carrot, i can not for the life of me, figure how you do it man.
My coin pockets on my jeans are on my right to me, and i carry a Benchmade 710 clipped to pocket and have removed it an still no luck.
If i put the E1L in there, it still sticks out a half inch or so, is this how you do it?:huh2:

By chance, your not a mountain of a man are you?:whistle:

You did convinve me though , i am going to EDC the E1L.
On them days i suspect i need better then what i have a i'll grab the E2L and or the G2, and in the jacket it goes.:thanks:

IF

carrot

Flashaholic
IonFire said:
Right on, thanks for the link CHC:)

Carrot, i can not for the life of me, figure how you do it man.
My coin pockets on my jeans are on my right to me, and i carry a Benchmade 710 clipped to pocket and have removed it an still no luck.
If i put the E1L in there, it still sticks out a half inch or so, is this how you do it?:huh2:

By chance, your not a mountain of a man are you?:whistle:

You did convinve me though , i am going to EDC the E1L.
On them days i suspect i need better then what i have a i'll grab the E2L and or the G2, and in the jacket it goes.:thanks:

IF

Nope, I'm just tall and skinny. And in most pockets, just the G2 bezel fits into the coin pocket, but tightly enough that I feel it's a secure way to carry. It makes it much easier to grab when I need it, without having a holster. Sorry for any confusion. Hmm. Now I'm thinking I should get an E1L instead of a Z2/G2z like I was planning, even though the E1L is a bit more expensive... How much do you like the E1L? Convince me I need to pay the extra... $10 price difference, please? ;)

Last edited:

IonFire

Enlightened
Oh i see now, so a fair bit hangs out, hmm, wish i could get away with that myself.

Bro, i love it so far.
Its small'ish, good throw, not bad lumens, and Very stylish imo.

As far as a bit more exspensive, i paid way over SF list price's, but seeing as i am a member of the instant gratification society, all is good.

For me, a noob, i couldn't recommend it enough, but to the Pro's on here, its just another factory light i am sure. Only thing it needs now is the 2-stage clickie, and a bonus, it has a slight lumen advantage over the the other single 123, just does not have its switch.

No one has noticed it in my pocket at work or other yet.
I am impressed by it.

IF