Surefire M series included LA

jonman007

Newly Enlightened
Has SF stopped shipping the M3 and M6 with both the high and low output bulbs? I was looking on the SF and the lighthound website and it appears to me they are only including the high output bulbs with the flashlights now. Both my M3 and M6 came with both LA and that was a real selling point for me. I hope I am wrong but if this is the case, it appears like a fairly cynical excercise in profit maximisation on already highly priced products...

JPasquini

Newly Enlightened
I just checked the SF website itself, and it seems to still indicate that the M3 comes with both lamp assemblies:

From the M3 page:
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/403/sesent/00

Lamp assembly/Runtime - SureFire MN10 xenon gas-filled lamp assembly with 125 lumens output for 60 minutes, or 225 lumens for 20 minutes with included MN11 high output lamp assembly.

From the M6 page:
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/419/sesent/00

Lamp assembly/Runtime - SureFire MN20 xenon gas-filled lamp assembly with 250 lumens output for 60 minutes, or 500 lumens for 20 minutes with included MN21 high output lamp assembly.

[The bold emphasize is mine.]

Hope this helps. :)

jonman007

Newly Enlightened
Well thats what I thought until I read this regarding the M6 on the lighthound website:

"Ships with the 500 lumen MN21 lamp assembly
Optional long-running 250 lumen MN20 lamp assembly available"

Since lighthound sells the M6 factory sealed I came to the conclusion that SF must be not be including the MN20 in the box.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
jonman007 said:
I came to the conclusion that SF must be not be including the MN20 in the box.

it's not that. It IS that there are NO MN20s to be shipped.

Surefire had to reject a whole lot of MN20s due to QC issues. At least this is what a surefire dealer told me. Right now, MN20s are VERY rare.

SS

Colonial Marine

Newly Enlightened
Having just bought an M6 here in the UK about 3 months ago, I can tell you mine arrived with the 500 lumen bulb, and a printed voucher to email off to SF customer services for another bulb of your choice. Mine arrived after about 2 weeks.

It should still come standard with the two bulbs, but if not you should get the MN21 and a voucher.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased an M6 with in the past year and only got the MN21 bulb with it and a voucher for another lamp (aka waiting list.) The flashlight gods were upon me and a few weeks after I recieved my M6, there was an MN20 sitting on my desk.

After using the M6, there is no way but the HOLA way.