2xC cell yellow 3 watt magmod BUGLIGHT!

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's right!
A flashlight that won't attract those pesky flying insects while you are outside! :D

01150005.jpg

01150004.jpg

01150006.jpg

01150008.jpg

01150009.jpg

Oh, and those Q3's are quite colorful too. ;)

01150011.jpg

The whole body of the "buglight" is now a (+) ground to be super sure that nothing "buggy" happens to the fragile led.
Notice that the batteries are installed backwards to accomplish this little trick.

01150012.jpg

I soldered a 1/2 inch piece of bulb spring to the switch contact tab inside to make a good contact with the inner battery cell's (-) back end. ;)
Then added a blob of solder on the tailcap spring for the pictured battery's (+) nose. :)

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
COOL! I've never done a yellow or amber Lux I or III mod. I know cameras can play tricks on us with regards to color and intensity, but in reality, does this have a consistant yellow beam rather than the orange in the fourth pic?

Also, is this just direct drive on 2 alkaline cells? Would a red or amber also work well direct drive on 2 C alkaline cells?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet!
A light that's practically named after me!! :D Shame on you though for not sending 1 to me for evaluation!! ;)

I absolutely LOVE amber LED's. I even have an amber LE for my Aelph lights. They are a wonderful color to use when camping or just walking around at night since they don't attract the bugs!!

Nice job! Wish there were more amber LED products available. :poke: an amber Q3 mod would be nice!!