Flashlight to the rescue!

magic79

Enlightened
I went to dinner with my wife to a nice restaurant for which we'd received a gift certificate for our wedding. The restaurant was very nice...and very dark. They sat us at perhaps the darkest table.

My wife picked up the menu and said "I can't read it!" So, I grabbed my HDS U60, clicked to low and passed it over. When she decided, she gave it back and I looked at the menu. She was so appreciative! :rock:

Not only that, but literally the second I turned off the light, the waiter zipped over to take the order! Great restaurant, great service, great food!

(for those in Portland, OR, it was Wildwood on NW 21st)

Last edited:

iamerror

Enlightened
Even for something as simple as reading a menu, flashlights are very useful. I now always carry a flashlight(or more than one:)).

mykall

Enlightened
magic79 said:
I
So, I grabbed my HDS U60, clicked to low and passed it over. W

Nice thing about an HDS EDC is if the lights went out in there
you could ignite that place if you needed to. :)

lazee

Newly Enlightened
imagine switching on a orb or a jil lite instead... you'll probably momentarily blind yourselves :nana:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why is it, the pricier the restaurant, the less money they have to pay their electricity bill?

Went on a bye bye lunch for a co-worker once. Was seated in the middle of the restaurant, away from the windows. Got out my Dorcy AAA to read the menu. Everyone else looked at me and said "What a great idea.". Didn't borrow my flashlight though. They got good eyes.