Baby birds

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
This morning, I heard baby birds. They're nesting in my rain gutter. This mildest winter, in my memory, has fooled the birds into mating early. Hope this great weather holds up, for their sake.

Thank God, for the mild weather, with the price of natural gas being what it is. I'm still paying the highest utility bills ever.

oldgrandpajack

raggie33

*the raggedier*
dont get mer stared jack im so broke cause my gas bill its bad.i even thought about geting asistance with my bill but then i said hect with it and turned down water heater as cold as it gets. i hope them birds are ok im sure they wil be birds no what to do but why did they make enst in a gutter lol

Threepio

Newly Enlightened
You want to hear about inappropriate nesting sites? Last year we had Mourning Doves trying to build a nest IN the bottom of a squirrel cage fan in a cooling tower. The tower shut down before dawn each morning, and they thought the quiet tower looked great. I scared a dove when I went out one morning, and found the beginnings of a nest in one fan. I chased them out 3 times that day before they gave up on the site. Our local doves pick some pretty odd sites for nesting, this was easily the worst I'd seen... --Bob

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Spotted geese flying north yesterday. Must be winter is almost over. I'm in Central New York, and we should have a lot of winter weather yet.

oldgrandpajack

Latest posts