Coast v10 or Eddie Bower v10

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
Does anyone have this led light? I saw it online at target, all I can find out is
it has 3 led and runs on3 aaaa batteries. How bright is it? I would expect it is a flood ,how is its throw? is battery life really 50 hrs? I like the small size if it has decent spill it would make a good dog walker.Any reveiw or experience would be appreciciated.It look similar to thier v6 but smaller.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
It's probably a decent enough light, but those AAAA batteries are going to be hard to find and kind of expensive. I fail to understand why Led Lenser (aka Coast/Eddie Bauer) continues to use strange batts. I'd buy some of their lights if they stuck with "normal" types. Of course, it does keep them small.

Geoff

IonFire

Enlightened
For the 4xAAAA i crack open 9-volt batterys, i use them in SL Stylus to find Anti-freeze leaks fast in amongst the oils an crap on dirty motors.

Theres six inside, and a tiny bit shorter, but if you stretch your spring ect. they work like a charm.

I been using Energizer industrial alkalines.

IF

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The little stainless steel can light with three LED's? They were on clearance at my Target for $4 so I picked one up. WIcked bright for 3 5mm LED's but I don't know for how long. That's based solely on the output of the little batteries. The thing is built like a small tank.

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
I found a 6 pack of aaaa for $5 not to bad especially if it get close to 50 hrs,plus I like the idea of cracking open a 9v.cool idea.

IonFire

Enlightened
$5 bucks, nice price.
Last set i paid for cost near $20.

Mind you, the good 9-volts batts, are not much cheaper.
I get them free from work thankfully.

IF

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
With those little batteries, I'd be surprised if you got much more than 10-15 hrs. of usable light. I'm afraid the 50 hr. claim is likely wildly exaggerated. Maybe it will last that long until it's completely out, but most of that time will be pretty useless. Just my guess, since I don't have this light.

Geoff

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
Ok after 2 days I ordered it,Ill post when it arrives,Amazon has one more for $14.30.Also the target website 19.99.Cant go wrong for that price!:) If I dont like it I can always give it to the wife!I think it will make a nicw small pocket flood.