LEDWave Torch

Chasman

Newly Enlightened
I've been trying to get the LEDWave torches to sell from our website but Ombu aren't replying to my emails and Faxes and their phone number is dead. Does anyone know if they are still trading? If anyone has up to date contact information or better yet a UK distributor contact I'd really appreciate it.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also tried emailing them a few times with no response. Also www.glowbug.com was their US distributor/importer & a recent check of their website shows that they have dropped OMBU/LEDwave from their product line completely. This US company seems to be one of a few left selling all their different model lights: http://www.popguns.com/ledwave/ledflashlights.htm

Regards,

John

Last edited:

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hardmetal,

Can you please tell me the SK (Shykuang) model # for the OMBU XR-66 Armada & the X-22.

Thanks,

John

pax

Newly Enlightened
They're being distributed in the US by Camillus.

pax

Chasman

Newly Enlightened
I got in touch with SK but they want an order for 1,000 and we're not big enough for that yet. Do you guys know if the have a distributor anywhere who would sell to me in small quantities 3-10 torches?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hardmetal is a distributor who sells smaller quantities. Try contaxting him.

HARDMETAL

Newly Enlightened
1)x-22 unknown may be from other china producer
2) xr-66 probably is tm606x
anyway , sk will produce a new model of rechargable torch that show in their web site .(1w & 3W)

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
HARDMETAL said:
1)x-22 unknown may be from other china producer
2) xr-66 probably is tm606x
anyway , sk will produce a new model of rechargable torch that show in their web site .(1w & 3W)

No, it is not the tm606x, it looks EXACTLY like the tm500x but it is a 5w LED & the tm500x is not led.

d123

Newly Enlightened
Chasman said:
I've been trying to get the LEDWave torches to sell from our website but Ombu aren't replying to my emails and Faxes and their phone number is dead. Does anyone know if they are still trading? If anyone has up to date contact information or better yet a UK distributor contact I'd really appreciate it.

LEDWave is distributed in the UK through Heinnie Heyns - www.heinnie.com, the x55 I have is made in Spain.

EDIT: The web address on the light is actually www.led-and-xenon.com/

and their details come up as
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] [/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ombu comercial disribuidora S.A[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Pol. industrial "Els garrofers" [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- C. Volta dels garrofers nave 54[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 08340 Vilassar de Mar. [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Barcelona (SPAIN) [/font]
- Tel: 00 34 93 754 08 10
- Fax:00 34 93 754 08 11

Last edited:

pilou

Enlightened
Some people consider assembling it in Spain as being "made in Spain." Nowadays, you can't really tell where something is made. My mechanic recently bought a new Danish hydrolic Jack that was supposedly made in Denmark. He showed my the super-lousy soldering of the joints everywhere and claimed there is no way in hell this thing was made in the same place as the previous truly high quality one he had. He also showed the comapny logo stamping: the new one was shallow, crooked, and amateurish looking, while the old one was clear and deep. He claimed it must have been made in China and then painted and logoed in Denmark. He was ticked off.

I suspect it is the same deal with Ombu. They probably screw it together in Spain, stamp their logo on it, and claim it was made in Spain.