Flashlight Collecting

D

**DONOTDELETE**

What would you all think about the addition of a Flashlight Collecting forum here on CPF?

While all of us have a collection of working flashlights, some of us actually collect flashlights - and a forum dedicated to collecting might be a good idea.

Me and another member here have left the suggestion for the administrator in the Suggestions area but so far no response.

Thanks.

Gandalf

Enlightened
Possibly... I have one flashlight that dates back to the mid 1920's, and one that dates from 1915-1921. (Both work, BTW)But mostly, I like collecting the NEW flashlights...
wink.gif

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
I think this could be an interesting and inexpensive hobby. I bought an old Ray-O-Vac 2D bullet shaped light at a junk shop for 25 cents! I'm currently looking for a 1950's era Eveready 8D cell. It came with a leather sling! I remember 'coon hunting with my grandpa and everyone wore carbide lights on there hats and the Eveready was the shootin' light. I don't know if there would be enough interest for a separate forum but maybe if you build it, they will come.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

How many of you CPFers "collect" flashlights?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GlockDoc:
I think this could be an interesting and inexpensive hobby. I bought an old Ray-O-Vac 2D bullet shaped light at a junk shop for 25 cents! I'm currently looking for a 1950's era Eveready 8D cell. It came with a leather sling! I remember 'coon hunting with my grandpa and everyone wore carbide lights on there hats and the Eveready was the shootin' light. I don't know if there would be enough interest for a separate forum but maybe if you build it, they will come.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>