Fun with keychain LEDs and RC toys

EV_007

Enlightened
While waiting for dinner to cook at a friend's house, I went outside with their two kids and raced their remote controlled cars around. It got dark and no streetlights on this road made it more so. They were bummed at the darkness and began to collect their toys. I lit up the road with my Fenix L1P and followed the cars in the darkness. They thought it was cool. Then I remembered that I had a couple of Photon clones on my keychain and taped them to the toys.

I just happen to have one red and one white one. So I put them on the RC cars that had the most juice left - headlight and taillight. They are really bright and allowed the kids to control the toy from a whole block away! The red on back and white in front allowed them to determine which direction it was going. Very fun time had by all.

Just goes to tell you how "prepared" you really are, even if you don't think it may fit unusual situations. I wish I had another set of red and white for the other car on me at the time.

[font=&quot][/font]

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
I love it! Been years since I got to play with one. :awman: Maybe customize the car's body with a couple of white led where the headlights go and reds in the tail lights? Bet it would look cool! Run them off a couple of coin cells to keep weight down and avoid drain on the main batt?

If you do, would love to see pics in action.

LEDMaster2003

Newly Enlightened
Then find a police car and add some red/blue leds. Then if you're REALLY good with electronics you can make 'em strobe!