Anyone have any Lux V's for sale?

dave468

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, I've been lurking on this board for some time now, and I must say that I have learned quite a bit here. Thanx to all for some good hints and advise. I am just getting into led lights and currently own several 3d lux I's and was considering upgrading them to lux v's. They are 3d, unregulated with lux stars in them. Any hints as to replacing them with lux v's? Will the 1.6 ohm resistor Work with the 3 d's or will I need more voltage with a different resistor? Does anyone on this board have any lux v's for sale? , or know where i cant get a few? Thanx, Dave

roguesw

Enlightened
you can also try photonfanatic on this board
its under dealers corner, FS: ++ Luxeon LEDs--optics--reflectors--more ++
he has a range of luxV and i got mine from his.
cheers
good luck with your mod
des

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will need a boost circuit with 3D as this will only come to a max of 4.5 volts. The lowest vf lux V's still need at least 6 volts to operate properly at spec.

dave468

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Fellas... How much brighter will the lux V be compared to the lux I's? Will It be worth the effort to convert them over?, or wont I see much of a difference. I have never seen a 5 watt lux in action.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you can put 4C's in there to get the appropriate voltage. Whatever though you would have to pick a Lux with the proper voltage to match.

I've seen mixed messages about LuxV vs. Lux3. Supposedly the LuxV doesn't focus as tight and thus puts out lots of light but doesn't throw as well.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, you will definitely see more light than a Lux 1 or III. Don't bother driving it past 700 - 800 ma, and you will find great happiness.

Even at 350 ma it is a lot of light. Experimenting with reflectors may be needed to optimally happy.