Coast

Fiddleback

Enlightened
I've been hanging around for a week or so, and haven't heard anything about Coast lights. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple, they are pretty nice, not water resistant much cuz the lense area isn't sealed. My V2 tac torch is VERY bright and lasts a good long time, I also have the dual color (5 white, 1 red leds) and it also lasts a long time.

Navck

Enlightened
Ousanas said:
I have a couple, they are pretty nice, not water resistant much cuz the lense area isn't sealed. My V2 tac torch is VERY bright and lasts a good long time, I also have the dual color (5 white, 1 red leds) and it also lasts a long time.

I have one, its LEDs failed and its horribly overdriven.

Fiddleback

Enlightened
OK help me out here. Overdriven sounds bad. Is that going to reduce the life of the led? Are these notoriously short lived?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fiddleback said:
I've been hanging around for a week or so, and haven't heard anything about Coast lights. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I like the 1AA Coast Digi-Tac I Luxeon (model 7840). It is also known as the David 15 and Sears sells them now for under $30.

There have been a few threads about it, including this review:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/101213

CLHC

Flashaholic
They have two versions of the Tac lights. I've just noticed them yesterday at Fry's Electronics. Comparable in size to the smaller Inova XO or X1? Don't know. . .:thinking: