Ax shop

Christoefor

Newly Enlightened
Help a dummy, what has happened to Axshop. I have a few of there lights five that I am very happy with two. Thanks for any info.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they've packed up and disappeared. There's a site in Hong Kong that popped up soon after their disappearance that appeared to have some of their site code, but there hasn't been any mention of them for a while here. Sorry, I don't remember the name of the Hong Kong site, it may be in the Dealers forum.

Christoefor said:
Help a dummy, what has happened to Axshop. I have a few of there lights five that I am very happy with two. Thanks for any info.

stjohnh

Newly Enlightened
The site rumored to be related to Axshop (based on the fact that some of the Axshop web site code has been found in the new site website) is:

www.fifthunit.com

They have the same low prices, slow shipping that Axshop had, but their selection is much less than Axshop. They do have the Goldston 7watt light for about $23 shipped, and I got one.

Holland

vortechs

Enlightened
Christoefor said:

The thread about AXShop closing is over here (http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111879). Perhaps if you post in the B/S/T Buy forum you can find somebody who has extras of the lights you liked. I'd be curious to know which two of the five you liked.

Other threads about AXShop lights are:
AXShop LED lights (http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=100417)
7W Golston® 2xCR123A Waterproof Super Bright (http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103057)

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened
stjohnh said:
The site rumored to be related to Axshop (based on the fact that some of the Axshop web site code has been found in the new site website) is:

www.fifthunit.com

They have the same low prices, slow shipping that Axshop had, but their selection is much less than Axshop. They do have the Goldston 7watt light for about $23 shipped, and I got one.

Holland

Please let me know how do you get $23 shipped? I get $27 shipped. thanks.

WNG

Enlightened
stjohnh said:

www.fifthunit.com

Holland

I find their rip-off of IKEA's naming style hilarious.
I'm also getting $27 shipped for a 7W LED.

stjohnh

Newly Enlightened
Yep, you are correct, I now get $27 too. I got mine the first few days they were doing business and got free shipping, I thought that was going to continue, I guess not.

Holland