MadMax+ question

shaman

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I have a couple of MadMax+ sandwiches and they both have TY0J emitters on them. My question is whether or not to replace the LuxIII T bin with a LuxI S bin (SX0H/SW0H)? I know it would be overdriving the S bin (if my understanding is correct) but wouldn't it also be brighter and runtime would be longer? Yet, how much LED life would be killed by doing this? If anyone has any information/advice, I'd sure appreciate it... cause at this point I'm kinda stuck (and I'd sure hate to smoke a S bin LuxI).

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Shaman

AuroraLite

Enlightened
shaman,

I have seen some cruelty done to 1 watters, and am quite suprised to see how well they held up under the conditions. But my educated guess is the performance for the lux I will likely to be the same to naked eyes, and in return, due to the overdriving, the performance might even suffer and long term effect might occur.

As for the TY0J lux III, it is driven at or around spec for the MM+ and since MM+ is not fully regulated, even with a TxxH, the extended runtime might not be as obvious as other boards(unlike BBNG which the regulated runtime will be extended 10-15 min IIRC). Hope this helps! :)

shaman

Newly Enlightened
AuroraLite,

Thanks for the information!

I have read your guide on minimags quite a few times and the R bin MM lite was some of the reason for the question. Of course the lite is better on runtime but I still felt compelled to ask. I'll probably leave well enough alone and keep the TY0Js on there. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Thanks again for the experience and info.

Sincerely,

Shaman