New SL Strion LED ?

maxilux

Enlightened
I heard from a new SL Strion with (3Watt?) LED on a German Show.
Did some one know any Details?

maxilux

Enlightened
Yes, of course is it true. Some one from Streamlight told this. He says it come in August in the USA.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will it use the same light engine as the Scorpion/TL-2/NF-2 LEDs? I've tested my Scorpion LED and it works fine off a single 3.7V Li-Ion (likely a buck converter, so it should work well). If so, this will be nice as I like the performance of their current light engines in producing a good balance of output and runtime.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
IF it is true, I'm guessing it will be a 1 watter. SL doesn't seem to like 3 watters.

There's been rumors of a LED Stinger for a few years, but I don't think it will ever be released. I bet there are a few prototypes running aroound, though.

--dan

maxilux

Enlightened
I am very surprised, that there are more Informations here in Germany.
Are there no Infos at the Shot Show ?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm also surprised that this has gone from a "does anyone know" to a confirmation by the same person in a matter of a couple of posts.

While I'm mildly confident that something along the lines of this would most likely appear in SL's product line at some point, I'm less than confident about the veracity of the information (or lack of) in this thread.

You mentioned that you got this information from a show. Was this a TV show. If the audio was English translated to German, is it possible that something may have been misinterpreted? (I've seen that a lot on both English audio translated to German in Germany, and German translated to English (e.g. DW shows) here in the U.S.

maxilux said:
I am very surprised, that there are more Informations here in Germany.
Are there no Infos at the Shot Show ?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking into it. Patience, peeps.

**UPDATE**

SL will not confirm or deny this.

I bet it's a reality, though. The STrion would be perfect for an LED.

--dan

Last edited:

WDR65

Enlightened
This has some potential, I've been looking for something like this but didn't want to go for the Inova for its size. I'll just cross my fingers and hope.

maxilux

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
I'm also surprised that this has gone from a "does anyone know" to a confirmation by the same person in a matter of a couple of posts.

While I'm mildly confident that something along the lines of this would most likely appear in SL's product line at some point, I'm less than confident about the veracity of the information (or lack of) in this thread.

You mentioned that you got this information from a show. Was this a TV show. If the audio was English translated to German, is it possible that something may have been misinterpreted? (I've seen that a lot on both English audio translated to German in Germany, and German translated to English (e.g. DW shows) here in the U.S.

Sorry, but English is not my language, there is sometimes a differens between writing and thinking.
It was no TV Show, it was the "German Shot Show".
I only want to know more details from this Light, the man on the show dosen´t wan´t to tell this, because he sys the light is not ready.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are the chances of seeing a luxeon K2 in the LED strion? Perhaps they are waiting for high bin K2's to become available. The incandescent strion uses a 6.12W bulb so it should be able to handle a K2 driven at the same wattage. That should be even brighter than the incandescent.

Is this possible or is it just wishful thinking?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you haven't received any responses on this thread over the period of time that it has been up, it's not likely that anyone has any additional information. As a matter of fact, if you got this information directly from someone who works for Streamlight, then you would be the proud originating source of the information.

If you received the information from someone, second-hand, you'll probably need to confirm that they got the information right to begin with.

In any case, it would seem that any additional information (and anything that can be deemed accurate) is going to have to come from Streamlight.

maxilux said:
Are there any News from the Strion ?

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
The newest LED light I see from Streamlight is the Streamlight Stinger LED, which is a 3 watt LED version of the stinger, I haven't heard of an LED strion though. I would have to investigate on that.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
With all the lights being upgraded with the C4 LED it is inevitable that they will finally upgrade the Strion.

This will be a great light and I am waiting in line. Will probably have longer runtime and definitely more output.

:sleepy: