Need Laser Experiment Suggestions

Gvl

Newly Enlightened
I am a little new to lasers. I used to have fun with my $2 red keychain laser but I WANTED MORE POWER :rock:sooo
laserwall.jpg%5D

I just bought a 50MW green laser and can't wait till it arrives. I live in NZ. I know the safety hazards and laws etc. But was wondering what cool -safe- experiments to try with it. Of course im gna try as much things as i can neways. But wanted to know if any1 had any awesome ideas?plz plz plz:popcorn:

Last edited:

DrGeller

Newly Enlightened
Try pointing it into your bugger. Maybe the laser beam will shoot through your colon and shine out of your {term for male urinator/inseminator}! :bumpit:

Last edited by a moderator:

Corona

Enlightened
Get one of those Radiometers (the little 4-vane thingee on a needle spindle inside an evacuated globe - looks like a big light bulb) - it's amazing how fast a multimilliwatt laser will turn that thing.

Get some microscope slides and experiment with beam splitting. Angle the slides and see how the beam splits off.

Investigate the refractive index of different fluids. Water, vodka, salt and sugar water, etc.

Get a few cheap lenses and experiment with beam expansion, collimation, and interference patterns (shine the expanded beam through a tiny aperture or slot).

Above all be careful to avoid reflections back into your eyes - or other bodily openings :D

rapt

Newly Enlightened
:)

Try putting a drop of water on a piece of glass and shining the laser through it from the bottom, It acts like a microscope, you can see the image on the roof. It looks better with dirty water.

Last edited:

Entity

Newly Enlightened
Make a time tunnel effect with by attatching a small round mirror tilted at an angle to a small battery powered motor. Turn it on and shine the laser into it to make a cone shaped tunnel but be careful and wear goggles.