Anyone have experience with Brinkmann's 3W LED flashlight?

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
I saw today at Target that Brinkmann has a 3W LED flashlight out -- has the "tactical" look but it's not metal-bodied, it's some sort of plastic. It looks pretty cool, but it was about $30 and I wasn't into spending that much. The package says that it has momentary-on capability, so I begin to like it...

Anyone know if this thing puts out decent light, good tint, etc.?
Is it worth the 30 bucks?

-Jeffrey

CLHC

Flashaholic
Seen that one today and sure does look interesting. But I did notice the Dorcy 1W Lux that was hanging there, so I decided to purchase it. Boy was I ever surprised by this little w[one]der of a single-celled LED light! :huh: Think I'm going to etch the body some and do a little "misting" on the reflector for a smoother beam than it produces right now. Not that it needs it though since it's beam patterning is similar to that on my 20mm IMS 3[M]ini.Mag.

Enjoy!

HonorKnight

Newly Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost.
I have the Brinkman 3W LED light. It has a tactical clickie on the end. Not the best clickie, but it does the job. Comparing to other lights I have I would guess it's about 55 lumens or so, but that's only a guess. It has a metal cylinder inside. Runs for about an hour before it starts to dim. I haven't actually done runtime tests, so again, just a guess. Plastic or polymer body with a rubber grip. It feels pretty good in my hand. It's a little bit wider around than most small tactical lights, but that doesn't bother me. It has a narrow hot spot with a wide spill beam. I like that because the wide spill is good for medium distance and the hotspot lights up long distance areas. I can see around 70 yards with it, but it works best at 50 yards or less. I could wish it had an alluminum body though. That would make it both a little smaller and more rugged. Not a bad light for $30.

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Can the "rubber" surround be removed as in the case of the MaxFire Lithium? Maybe reducing the "girth" of the light's body?

HonorKnight

Newly Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost.
CHC said:
Can the "rubber" surround be removed as in the case of the MaxFire Lithium? Maybe reducing the "girth" of the light's body?
Yeah, its' the same kind of rubber grip as on the maxfire. It comes off quite easily. Feels kind of strange without it, though. Not as firm a grip. Definately slims it down, though.
Oh, and the led I have has a slight blue tint, but it's only slight.

Last edited: