Task Force torch from Lowe's

FlashlightPhreak

Enlightened
This light has probably been noted previously in this forum, but I thought I'd mention it again: I wanted to buy a bright LED for a "beater" at work of which I keep in the car... Long story short, I bought the "Task Force" 2x C cell - 3watt Luxeon Star aluminum flashlight at my local Lowe's for $39.95.

Bottom-line: It's damn bright and easily competes with my other more expensive torches... the 2 cell batery tube is a bit "chubby" but not bad for the amount of light it puts out.

mdocod

Flashaholic
I have one of those as well- great little beater light that has some mild regulation that is very welcomed... After comparing to other lights- I don't think it's quite worth $40.... I doubt Lowes sells very many of them at that price... I think this represents a great light to be sold to the "general" public to hep the world get an idea of what LED technology is doing these days.... If they would drop the price to ~$25, they could move a lot more of those in a place like Lowes.

nightrider

Enlightened
I believe I've seen these on sale before in Lowes for $29.95, and sometimes they put the 1-Watt, 3xAAA version on sale for $14.99 (which I took advantage of), and it is a nice little light with a very white beam. You just have to keep an eye out for the sale.

This thread has some beamshots comparing the 3xAAA Task Force to a few other popular lights.

showpost.php?p=1412455&postcount=194showpost.php?p=1412455&postcount=194

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I caught one of those 3 watt units at Loew's on sale earlier this year. The first unit I took home had an intermittent switch (kept turning on by itself) and a slightly greenish tint. I took it back and they exchanged it with no questions asked. I wound up with a better tint on the replacement so I'm happy. It's a fabulous starter light at $25 and still ok at $39.95. It's gpt a decent runtime for the amount of light that it puts out.

Rando

Enlightened
I have that light and it's one of my favorites, actually! Nice to see another person giving it some love.