• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Teflon wire + small 0.5W resistors *Part 1*

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
I have sold out of the two stage switches. I still have some very small (0.126" long, 0.075" wide) resistors rated to 0.5 W with values of 10.7, 22.1, or 30.1 Ohms with 1% variation. I can also provide Teflon insulated wire in gauges of 20, 24, 26 and 28 gauge. This is mil-spec wire with stranded, silver-plated copper conductors.
Available colors and approximate wire diameters (including insulation):

20 black/red stripe 0.062" 1.57mm

24 black/brown stripe 0.040" 1.02mm

26 orange 0.037" 0.94mm
26 yellow 0.041" 1.04mm
26 white/black stripe 0.034" 0.86mm

28 purple (violet) 0.030" 0.76mm
28 green 0.032" 0.82mm

Specify wire gauge, color (except when only one color is available in that size) and length (in multiples of 10') when ordering.

Please do me a favor and don't order continuous lengths in excess of 20' unless you really want them. They are more difficult to work with, but I will provide them as a single piece as a service to you if asked nicely. :)

Resistors are 2 for $1. I am sorry to have to do this, but international shipping is outrageous for packages that have much weight to them, so I will have to start charging extra for wire if shipped internationally:

US prices:
$1 for 10 feet of wire in gauges 28-24, $1.25 for 10 feet of 22 gauge, or $1.50 for 10 feet of 20 gauge. The reason for higher prices on the larger gauges is to offset increased shipping costs for the greater weight.

International prices:
$1.25 for 10 feet of wire in gauges 28-26, or $1.50 for 10 feet of 24-22 gauge and $1.75 for 10 feet of 20 gauge.

Please add $1 for first class shipping to the US or $3 for international. Completed customs forms accompany international orders to reduce losses and/or delays. Insurance is optional. Packages will not be going out as often as before, and delays will usually be a few days to a week, with international packages sometimes taking longer since they cannot be taken anywhere except the post office.

Add $1 to cover paypal fees if sending paypal credit card payments to cjmonzyk[at]yahoo dot com.

Send paypal cash (transfer from account funds) to cjmonzykcash[at]yahoo dot com (no extra fee). $5 minimum total for parts and wire please (not including shipping).

For fastest service, please post your order in this thread.

Last edited:

billgr

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Two stage switches for Nuwai Q3 and TM-301X-3 + resistors and Teflon wire

do i have to make it 2 stage myself with the above parts....or is the switch all ready to go just as it is??

Bill

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Two stage switches for Nuwai Q3 and TM-301X-3 + resistors and Teflon wire

Bill, you will want to refer to an excellent mod tutorial by milkyspit on this subject: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/83416

The short answer is that you will need a resistor to reduce the current flow to get a low setting - or else you would just have on-on-off instead of high-low-off sequence. Wire would not be needed for this mod.

Phreeq

Newly Enlightened

:paypal: for 2 switches, 4 22.1Ohm resistors and int. shipping.
Thanks

Sawtooth

Newly Enlightened

mudman cj said:
I now have a supply of the reverse clicky hi-low-off switches for the Q3 & TM-301X-3. I also have some very small (0.126" long, 0.075" wide) resistors rated to 0.5 W with values of 10.7, 22.1, and 30.1 Ohms with 1% variation. I can also provide Teflon-insulated wire in guages of 20, 22, and 26.

Prices are $5 for one switch or $8 for two, $1 per resistor and $1 for 10 feet of wire (your choice of gauge). Please add $2 for shipping to the US or $4 for international. Send paypal (either type) to '[email protected]'.

What colors of teflon wire do you have?

flex76italy

Enlightened

Hi, i'm in for some switches, i wait the exact order from a friend.

Thanks.

Maro

Newly Enlightened

PP sent for
2x switches $8
1x 20 gauge wire $1
1x 22 gauge wire $1
int ship $4
Total $14

if you have on1-off-on2-off switch please send it.
Thanks

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maro - I do have one new on1-off-on2-off switch and one more that was in my light before I decided to swap for the on1-on2-off. The one I had in my light has the legs bent down against the switch housing and cut about flush with the bottom so that it worked with the mod as taught by milkyspit. It does look used and has seen some heat, so the plastic has started to melt in places. If you still want it you are welcome to it. It worked fine when I took it out and if it won't work for you I will replace it free of charge with one of the on1-on2-off switches. Let me know if you want both on1-off-on2-off switches or one of each type.

Maro

Newly Enlightened

Hi,
A reason I want the on1-off-on2-off switch is that brightness is changed in a double click. Since I have used neither of the switches, I want to try both.
I am still straying. I am going to change the switch of QIII and other light.
How to use, if the switch of a different type is used changes.
I want one of each type. I try by myself.
However, I feel that it comes to use only the light of the switch included in either mind...:broke:

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maro - OK, I will send you one of each, both new and in unused condition. (unless you would prefer the one with bent and cut leads - let me know or I will assume you want the new one) I will get them to the post office as soon as possible, but the post office will be closed Tuesday for the national holiday, so it looks like the soonest will be Wednesday. Thanks for the order!
C.J.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

PayPal and a PM have been sent for my order.:)

Thank you,
Ken

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kenster - I tried to PM you but you seem to have the limit on stored messages. I just got the new shipment of resistors and your complete order went out today. It was a pleasure doing business with you!

flex76italy

Enlightened

Hi Mudman, you have in oly 3 types the wire gauge?

I need also 24 gauge and 32 if exist.

Thanks in advance.

gchand

Newly Enlightened

Hi Mudman,

PayPal has been sent for (4) ea switches with 10.7 ohm resistors.

Many thanks for making these switches and resistors available - this will be a long awaited mod for my several Q3's!

George

Status
Not open for further replies.