Flashlight Upgrades

kjlh3

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to this forum, but I have been lurking around for sometime. Very interesting, and I have found many answers to some questions. In my line of work, I need a flashlight that is bright (above 60 lumens), rechargeable and shock proof. I currently run this set-up:

SF 6P body (only because I have about 4 of them),
Wolf Eyes 3.7V Bulb,
Wolf Eyes 3.7V rechargeable battery,
SF Z32 Bezel and
SF Z49 Tail Cap

I have recently started to really look at flashlights, and the capabilities and lack of capabilities. Therefore, I am looking for something better than what I have. I have looked at DigiLight, but don't know to much about them. What manufactures or modifications are recommended? I really like the Wolf Eyes stuff, the only concern I have is the fact that the bulb and battery are proprietary, and I don't know what the future of the company holds.

Thanks in advance......

Last edited:

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Based on what you already have, you can use the SF P90 bulb and two RCR123s, or perhaps the digilight 9v bulb and the same two RCR 123s. The diglight bulb is really white and bright, but it's a bit of a lottery whether you get the best one that draws .8 amp.

For longer run time, you could add an A19 extender, run either of the above bulbs on two 17500 batteries from AW (in the Dealers section).

If you got AWs new 17500 you should even be able to run a P91, but I think run time is quite short.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF! :wave:

Nice "starter" set you have there. Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

Cole3388

Newly Enlightened
It looks to me like you've already got the ideal setup. I believe I'll be stealing your creation.
smile.gif