Essential Gear Luxeon 1-Watt Aluminum

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are available at Campmor:

Essential Gear Luxeon 1-Watt Aluminum 3 AAA Hand Torch $29.99
Essential Gear Luxeon 1-Watt Aluminum 6 AAA Hand Torch $29.99
Essential Gear Luxeon Star 1-Watt 4AA Aluminum Hand Torch $29.97
Essential Gear Luxeon Star 1-Watt 3C Aluminum Hand Torch $24.97

Couldn't figure out how to get the right URLs. If you wan't to see them just go to Campmor - flashlights. This may get you there:

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId=258&storeId=226&catalogId=40000000226

My apologies if someone has already commented on these, but I couldn't find anything by searching past posts. Anyone have any experience with these? Does anyone know if these are regulated?

I think they have a great look to them, and I like the fact that they all have thumb switches mounted on the barrel. I suppose they have to be of some minimal level of quality or Campmor wouldn't stock them - most of the lights Campmor sells are of good quality.

I'm not interested in the AAA models. (Why do they even build a light with Six AAA cells?) But, I like both the 4AA and 3C, although the 3C looks like the best buy for the money.

The 4AA one says "runtime 8-50 hours"... likely unregulated. I would not pay $30 for that thing when you can get a Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA Luxeon that is fully regulated for about the same price.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those all look like they're made by the same company that makes the Nuwai and River Rock lights (amongst others.) They're okay. The fact that they're being branded by an American importer may give you a bit more responsiveness in the event that you need some sort of service on the light.

If you want a really bright 3C light, check out www.ledbeam.com or putting the 3 cell Mag LED module into a Mag 3C body. Unfortunately, there aren't any C cell sized versions of the Mag LED lights. Another 1W model that you might want to consider in the price range that you're looking at is the Streamlight Propoly 3C Luxeon (probably the best in it's class, and more compact as well.)

ringzero said:
These are available at Campmor:

Essential Gear Luxeon 1-Watt Aluminum 3 AAA Hand Torch $29.99
Essential Gear Luxeon 1-Watt Aluminum 6 AAA Hand Torch $29.99
Essential Gear Luxeon Star 1-Watt 4AA Aluminum Hand Torch $29.97
Essential Gear Luxeon Star 1-Watt 3C Aluminum Hand Torch $24.97

Couldn't figure out how to get the right URLs. If you wan't to see them just go to Campmor - flashlights. This may get you there:

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId=258&storeId=226&catalogId=40000000226

My apologies if someone has already commented on these, but I couldn't find anything by searching past posts. Anyone have any experience with these? Does anyone know if these are regulated?

I think they have a great look to them, and I like the fact that they all have thumb switches mounted on the barrel. I suppose they have to be of some minimal level of quality or Campmor wouldn't stock them - most of the lights Campmor sells are of good quality.

I'm not interested in the AAA models. (Why do they even build a light with Six AAA cells?) But, I like both the 4AA and 3C, although the 3C looks like the best buy for the money.

Last edited:

big beam

Enlightened
I just got the 4AA light and I think it's regulated.With 4 alki batts it held 3.38v@380ma for hours.The bin is poor though (PWOJ) so I'm getting a SWOH and doing a swap.I'll post how it works out.BTW it is a SE led but I tried the reflector in another light and it seemed to make a good beam so wish me luck.I think kevin tested the 6AAA and said it was very well regulated also.
DON

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
big beam said:
I just got the 4AA light and I think it's regulated.With 4 alki batts it held 3.38v@380ma for hours.The bin is poor though (PWOJ) so I'm getting a SWOH and doing a swap.I'll post how it works out.BTW it is a SE led but I tried the reflector in another light and it seemed to make a good beam so wish me luck.I think kevin tested the 6AAA and said it was very well regulated also.
DON

Thanks for the reply big beam

Glad to know they're regulated.

Any other impressions of the stock 4AA?

Type of beam?

Fit, finish, feel, etc.?

big beam

Enlightened
Hi RINGZERO

F&F is very good.The beam was good for a side emitter.The heat sink is .087 plated steel so I wouldn't use a 3 watter in it.BTW it draws .280ma off the batts so the run time should be about 10 hours with good nimh.The reflector is light stipple& the lens is plastic.In it's stock form it is not very bright(about 25 lumens) and the beam is a wall of light like a L4.The reason I got this light is for it's looooong runtime.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the added info big beam.

The floody beam sounds ideal for a trail walking light, and I too like the looong runtime.

I may pick up the 4AA version. The other light I'm thinking of getting for night hiking is the UK 4AA LED Zoom. Can't make up my mind between these two lights.

Thanks again for the help.

big beam

Enlightened
hi RINGZERO

I've installed the SWOH led in the 4AA light.It's a lambertian emitter and the beam is great. Small spot and very large spillbeam it's the brightest 1w led I own.You can also run this light on AA lithiums.It draws a little more current (310 ma) but not that much more.All and all this turned out VERY good.

Latest posts