Anyone have the Ultrafire WF601A (2AA)?

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
I have one from DAE (www.qualitychinagoods.com). Not happy with it. Sharp edges around the head and a noticable "brown" spot in the middle of the beam. It lives in the bottom of my tool box.:thumbsdow

Seems like plenty of people are happy with the 1-cell "WF602" though.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
cd-card-biz said:
I have one from DAE (www.qualitychinagoods.com). Not happy with it. Sharp edges around the head and a noticable "brown" spot in the middle of the beam. It lives in the bottom of my tool box.:thumbsdow

Seems like plenty of people are happy with the 1-cell "WF602" though.

I wonder if there is anyway to adjust the depth of the Lux to get a better focus to get rid of the donut hole. I like the idea of a good 25mm reflector 2AA flashlight, and if it's not powerful enough, of course I'd fix that :D

sflate

Enlightened
I have a silver one. It's not a very good host for modding - the main reason I bought it. The Seoul ZLED is a star and is easy to replace, but the head doesn't look like it has much room in it for any drivers. I'd say it's probably less than a fenix but that's just by eyeball'ing it. I can't see how to remove the existing driver from the head. It probably comes out like a fenix module but I don't see the holes. Maybe they are under the LED or under a white piece of plastic in the base of the head. The switch looks like it will unscrew just like a fenix. The stock switch has a loud 'snap' to it. The reflector has a rather large hole that fits over the base of the LED. (like an IMS27). My biggest complaint is the finish. The knurling is OK but not great. The rest of the light has very small ridges to it that I can't stand. It just doesn't feel right to me, sort of like fingernails on a chalkboard.

In it's stock form it isn't too bad for the price. I don't use mine. If you want I can send it to you to play with. (I wouldn't be all that upset if you ruined it!!)

magnum70383

Enlightened